English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: new domain on a slave site
new domain on a slave site 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
hi,

i currently have www.1domain.com and www.subsite.1domain.com

now, i have 2 question:

1)can i add a other subdomain to my subsite? now when i try to add a subdomain in domain list i get an error of writing configuration.php

2) if this is possible i want to buy another domain, www.2domain.com for www.subsite.1domain.com, but i don't wont only a redirect, but i want that when someone go to forum in the subsite the link is www.2domain.com/forum

Sorry for the incredible bad english

thanks
aky004
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: new domain on a slave site 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
1)YES you can have other subdomains.
If you have an error on writing the "configuration.php", perhaps this is because you don't have access to the directory or that a "configuration.php" already exists and is read only.

2) If you have different domain or subdomain name that are located in different directories and in the same time you want to make them synonym, you can also use the "alias" definition present in JMS to create an alternated "alias" directory that point to the "deploy folder".
So you can do that.
You can also define in your cPanel the "document root" that directly point to the directory of your subdomain.
So this is also possible.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla