English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: Slave site of slave site
Slave site of slave site 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
Dear Edwin,

how many levels can be created with multisites?
To make it clear, let's see my example.
I want to create a site that sells sites.
I only want one install (what is a must as well because of billable websites and frontend creation).
To sell a site in different colors first I need to create a slave site of the master, let's call it (COLORBASE)that will be replicated to color sites (BLUE, PINK, RED, etc) that is for the frontend for the users to create site.

It means 3 level oftemplates
    For replication of the master what will be the base for colors. It creates the COLORBASE site
    For replication of COLORBASE, that will create BLUE, PINK, etc. sites in the backend
    For replication of BLUE, PINK, etc, that are the templates for the frontend creation

For the second level it works, but I am unable to create the third level.
Is there a way to solve this or a work around?

How would you solve this issue?
Perhaps it is related to this issue, but it is my question generally: What should be the action for for multistes folder in this case (copy, symblic link or ignore)?

Thank you for your help!

Regards

Jozsef
joekker
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Slave site of slave site 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
There is no limit in the number of level.

I don't know why you say that you are not able to create the third level.
In you JMS template rule, select the "template website" in your second level to allow replicating it.

In terms of directory, if you decide to deploy website into folder, this is you that define where you deploy the website.
Concerning the "/multisites" folder, this is the place where JMS saves its data. So this is structure managed by JMS. If you expect more than 1,000 slave site, we recommend to change a setting in the /administrator/components/com_multisites/multisites.cfg.php" to configure it without the LETTER TREE.
So uncomment the lines.
define( 'MULTISITES_LETTER_TREE', true);
define( 'MULTISITES_REFRESH_DISABLED', true);

This will change the /multisites directory strucutre.
This "multisites.cfg.php" setting must be changed when there is no slave site.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2012/02/28 09:40 By edwin2win.

Re: Slave site of slave site 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
Dear Edwin,

I said that I couldn't because I couldn't
As I found it was because of two other problem
  1. I had to reinstall the component

2. but after that I still had this problem
    detailed in this topic .

In the case of first and second level the folder name was the same like domain name both were {site_id}. In the case of third level I defined the folder name to {user_id}{site_prefix} and the domain to {site_id} and this cause problem.

To understand the situation please, see the last posts in the above topic to get th point. Thank you!

Jozsef
joekker
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2012/02/28 09:57 By joekker.

Here, when you mentioned that you re-isntall JMS, I suppose you mean that you installed JMS into a slave site to try managing a slave site from a slave site.

JMS is NOT designed to be managed from a slave site.
Only the master website should manage the slave site.

The only exception when JMS can be installed in a slave site is to allow creating menu item in the slave site to allow proposing a website creation from the front-end.

This is not what I have understood with your description that describe that you were not able to create slave site based on "BLUE" or "PINK". Such slave site derived from "blue", "pink" can be created from the master website when you select the JMS template rule that correspond to build the website based on "blue" or "pink".

So in you master website, you can propose to create website based on
COLORSBASE
or based on
BLUE or PINK, ....

If you want to create group of template, use the "filter group" to define the group of templates that are available in a category (group).

In JMS, there is no level of folders.
This is you that describe where you deploy the folders.

The hierachy (or dependencies) of the websites is not related to the folders structure as you can decided to deploy the folder anywhere.

Concerning the JMS {site_id}, it must be unique. It identifies a website whatever "your level".
So if you want to create a virtual hierarchy in the site ID, up to you to decide of a site ID value.

Create a hierarchy is a human view that you can reflect with "deploy folder" but the internal JMS slave site definitions, will remain saved as "flat" website in the "manage site". Only the JMS Tool menu try display the hierachy between the website based on the JMS Templates rules that are used by your slave site definitions.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Slave site of slave site 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
Dear Edwin,

you misundertood me. Of course, I handled JMS from the master site (I have read the documentation and seen all your tutorials). I needed to reinstall JMS on the master, because I found there should be some error as I couldn't create things what I could before. Perhaps it happened because of the upgrade. So, I reinstalled it on the master site. That was what I meant.

I understand as well that the hierachy (or dependencies) of the websites is not related to the folders structure as I can decided to deploy the folder anywhere.

But, you completely misunderstand what is my {site_id} issue, so I try to highlight it as clear as possible.

- I have the master site in public_html
- I want to create a slave sites in public_html/multisites directory into {user_id}{site_prefix} folder. So, the path is for slave site is public_html/multisites/{user_id}{site_prefix}
- I create a template site and give the domain name of the slave sites mysite.com/{site_id}

Until know I think everything is upon your documentation, am I correct?

- Then I create a site with the help of the template.

Now, if I go to mysite.com/{site_id} my site should be live here, that is in the public_html/multisites/{user_id}{site_prefix} directory. Am I right or wrong?

Jozsef
joekker
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

If you decide to deploy the website into the multisites/{user_id}{site_prefix} then
the domain name corresponding to that is mysite.com/multisites/{user_id}{site_prefix}
and NOT the mysite.com/{site_id}

If you want to have mysite.com/{site_id}
then you have to deploy the website into public_html/{site_id}

The domain URL and the location on the disk must match.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 123
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla