English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

public user cant create slave & email text error
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: public user cant create slave & email text error
public user cant create slave & email text error 12 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin,

I've setup the new site creation module and successfully created a new slave site via the front-end however I have a few issues:

1) I cannot create a new slave site via the front-end module unless the user is 'signed in'. The error message says "Unable to retreive the site ID - Error you must login first". I have configured the module to use 'anonymous' login and permissions are set to 'public'. Please can you let me know how I can configure the module to allow any public user to create a new slave site?

(the user can view the new site creation module however after the 'submit' button is clicked an error message is displayed.)

2) The system generated fields in the 'send email' is not displaying correctly. Here is what has come through via email:

Hello {user_name},

You have been added as a User to {site_name} by an Administrator.

This e-mail contains your username and password to log in to {site_url}

Username: {user_login}
Password: {user_psw}

Please do not respond to this message as it is automatically generated and is for information purposes only.
active in the configuration however the email is not being sent after new site creation.

3) Also, is it possible to add HTML to this email and/or use email beautifier by techjoomla?

Thanks and regards.
TonyGee
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2012/03/20 06:31 By TonyGee.Reason: further testing changed query
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: public user cant create slave & email text error 12 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 54
1) When you use the "Create Site Module", this post the requeqst to the component.
Try creating an "hidden" menu item to create slave site and specify in the "create site module" that you use the "Set Item ID" corresponding to the hidden menu.
In the menu item id, also specify that you want to create anonymous slave site.

2) Which joomla version do you use ?
I suspect that they replace the {} characters by their numeric equivalent value and that this value is not correctly restore when getting the parameters value.
We should have a look in the joomla bug tracker to find an entry relatif to such kind of issue.

3) Yes you can put HTML in Joomla 1.5 but in Joomla 2.5 they filtered the parameters and not does not allow entering html fields.
So this depend on the joomla version.
edwin2win
graph

Re: public user cant create slave & email text error 12 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
1) Thanks for this tip. I've followed your instructions and the anonymous user is directed to the slave sites listing however the slave site is not created and the error message appears as follows: "Unable to retreive the site ID"

Here is a screenshot:

2 and 3) I'm using Joomla 2.5.2

I am using email beautifier and email alerts from techjoomla that also uses [] variables for system generated keywords and the emails are generated with HTML and with the keywords.

Can you please let me know if there is a solution to this? I will send you the email beautifier package for inspection.
TonyGee
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2012/03/21 05:56 By TonyGee.

Re: public user cant create slave & email text error 12 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
1) This has been resolved. It was related to issues with the keyword plugins. The latest version of JMS solved this issue.

2 & 3) This has also been resolved. After installing the latest vresion of JMS the fields are now displaying in the email. Not sure if it was a temporary glitch.

So it seems that this case is closed (for now ).

Thanks and regards.
TonyGee
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla