English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Sourcer upgrade in Slave sites
Sourcer upgrade in Slave sites 11 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi,

I just upgraded to Joomla 1.5.26 and Multi-site 1.2.90. I had Sourcer from nonumber.nl installed on the master site. There is a new version 3.x. In order to install version 3 you have to uninstall version 2. I uninstalled the version 2 on the master site and installed version 3. On the slave site I uninstalled version 2 and tried to install version 3. But I get the message:

This extension is not found in the master site.
Please install it first in the master site before installing it into the slave site
Install Component Error

The extension shows in the Plugin list on the master site.

How do I install the new sourcer version on the slave sites?

Thank you.
line49
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Sourcer upgrade in Slave sites 11 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 54
The problem of NoNumber is that they are using a special "temporary" component to perform the installation. Therefore, when you try installing the extension in the slave site, JMS try to find if the extension is present and of course, it is not present as this is a temporary extension that is used to install the real component.

When the extension is defined in the JMS Tool menu, you can try using the JMS Tool menu to perform the installation in the slave site.

There is also an experimental solution that consists in setting a parameter in the JMS configuration file to allow ignoring the verification during the install.

The flag is
define( 'MULTISITES_IGNORE_MANIFEST_VERSION', true)

You can see multisites.cfg.php file and if you are not sure of the syntax, see the distribution one multisites.cfg-dist.php

located in the /administrator/components/com_multisites

Once the flag is enabled, the verification is ignored.
We suggest that you remove the flag once the upgrade of the NoNumber extension is performed.

Remark: This flag also has for objective to keep the original manifest file of the extension. In other words, when you start upgrading an extension in a slave site before the master, this always restore the "old" manifest (xml) file. So that you can let the extension perform all the DB upgrade modification in all the slave site before the master.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla