English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Pre-sales: Different Mosets Tree on each slave?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Pre-sales: Different Mosets Tree on each slave?
Pre-sales: Different Mosets Tree on each slave? 11 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi,

My client is setting up websites for different communities and each one has a different Mosets Tree directory. JMS Multi Site looks like a great way to duplicate the sites and share some content, but will it allow each site to have its own Mosets Tree installation?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris Clay
chrisjclay
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Pre-sales: Different Mosets Tree on each slave? 11 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
I just thought of one more related question. We're using Payments Plus to limit the number of free listings someone can submit in a community's Mosets Tree directory:

www.paymentsplus.com.au/joomla/

If we installed the single sign-on plugin, would this mean that someone could then register and log in a single time and submit a free listing in each of the slave sites, or would the Payments Plus limits still be in effect? I'm trying to wrap my head around how all this works

Thanks,
Chris
chrisjclay
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Pre-sales: Different Mosets Tree on each slave? 11 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
By default, each website have their own content.
So if you do not explicitely share an extension, its content is specific.

Concerning Mosets Tree, this is an extension that can have its content shared (but by default, this is not the case).
See the list of extension defined in the JMS tools and the one that can be shared (depending on the joomla version and if we received an extension for review).

Concerning the other "payments plus" question, I don't know the answer.
You should have to experiment it.
All I can tell you is that if you decide to share the users between the websites and also use the "Single Sign-In", this will result in sharing the sessions between the websites and therefore, as I don't know how the paymentsplus is working, this will depends on the way that payment plus perform its checking.

Send us the payment plus extension in the attachement of an email and we will try reviewing it.
See "contact us" for the email address.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla