English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Civic CRM, K2, individual components on sites?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Civic CRM, K2, individual components on sites?
Civic CRM, K2, individual components on sites? 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Has anyone used either Civic CRM or K2 with multisites? Did they work?

Also, can the slave sites install their own components? or are they limited to what is installed on the master?

How does permissions work?
If someone is an admin on a slave site, are they admins on all sites?
If they are an admin on the master site, are they an admin on all slave sites?

I have a large non-profit. Each state is an affiliate.
National will be master installed in its own database. mysite.com at the root.
Each affiliate will be a subfolder of national each with its own database. mysite.com/newyork

There are some things I want shared between the sites, in particular a listing directory (K2) and CivicCRM for donation campaigns.

Is this possible?

Thanks much!
Linda
lindalong
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Civic CRM, K2, individual components on sites? 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
Dear Linda

Concerning K2, JMS 1.2.0 RC5 contain its definition to allow its installation with the JMS Tools.
See forum /forum?func=view&catid=3&id=1359#1359
and JMS change history www.jms2win.com/faq/change-history-v12x

Concerning the installation of the extension in a slave sites, they are limited to the one present in the master website.

JMS don't provide any functionalities concerning the permissions.
Each slave site is manage with its own administration.
If you share the users, this also mean that all the websites that share the user will be able to administrate all those websites.

If you don't share the users, this will means that each website will have its own set of users and therefore its own administration access.

For the moment, wé have just declare the K2 for the installation and not for the sharing.
I will add the sharing definition for the next release.

Concerning Civic CRM please provide the URL where it can be downloaded for free or send us the extension by email to allow us make its reverse enginering and discover the DB tables that must be declared in JMS.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2009/07/26 23:18 By edwin2win.

Re:Civic CRM, K2, individual components on sites? 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Thanks for the answers. I'm still trying to wrap my head around if multisites is the best thing for my client. I think it is, but I'm still a little unsure.

Can I share content but not users?

I think I understand extensions. The slave sites can install whatever I have on the master and it must be the same version.

Good news on K2. Thanks.

CivicCRM is at civicrm.org although their site seems to be very slow tonight. Civic is non-commercial.
lindalong
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Civic CRM, K2, individual components on sites? 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
Concerning the content sharing, if you mean the articles then you have another "Article Sharing for JMS" that allow share such content.
See product detail www.jms2win.com/download?page=shop.produ...34&category_id=1
By default, as each slave site does not share anything, of course you can have separated users and after that decide to display shared articles.

This is correct that you can only install in a slave site an extension that is previously installed on the master website with exactly the same version number. The reason is that you share the same PHP code that is located on the same place as the objective of JMS is to allow sharing the same files and folders on the disk (the PHP code).

Concerning CivicCRM, I will have a look on this extension and will try to add this definition in JMS for the next release.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Civic CRM, K2, individual components on sites? 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Thanks again.

Last question. How hard is it to update from one release to the next?

Should I wait for your next release or can I start with the current one and upgrade?

How hard is the upgrade process?
lindalong
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

In JMS, there is two types of update.
The patches definition update that can be called using the JMS "check for update" menu.
This update is used to distribute the patches when there is an extension compatibilty problem or now with JMS 1.2.x to distribute the JMS tools extension definition for the installation and sharing.

The second type of update concern the JMS kernel itself.
There is a special procedure described in the FAQ /faq#sec-122
In this case, you have to download the latest version of the product (that also include the latest patches definition) and to installl it over the current one.

JMS installation is designed to work both as fresh installation or as update or as upgrade.

The upgrade correspond to new functionalities in JMS (for example JMS 1.1.x to JMS 1.2.x). In this case, you have to buy the new version and we distribute a discount coupon to existing customer in aim to allow them upgrade with a lower price.

The update are free.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2009/07/27 17:46 By edwin2win.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla