English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Jevents - Categories do not work in Multi-Sites
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Jevents - Categories do not work in Multi-Sites
Jevents - Categories do not work in Multi-Sites 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
I successfully deployed Jevents on multisites to my master and then using tools, was able to install the component, module and plugin to all slave sites. Everything in jevents works perfectly except for the Categories, when adding a category from the master or slave sites, it is not updating the master tables. This is somewhat confusing knowing that the slave tables point to the master. After reviewing the table structure, the category table is setup as a VIEW so I'm confused as to why it is not pulling from the master site.

Does anybody else use Jevents Successfully? Can you shed some light on this problem?

Are there are other calendar applications that do work seamlessly with JMS Multisites?

Thanks
itsonlycomputers
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Jevents - Categories do not work in Multi-Sites 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
The problem is that JEvent save the "category" in the Joomla "content" category and that this table can not be shared.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Jevents - Categories do not work in Multi-Sites 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
So this extension cannot be used? What Calendar extensions have you successfully deployed? I'm not a fan of Eventlist for this type of calendar application.

Thanks
itsonlycomputers
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Jevents - Categories do not work in Multi-Sites 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
I don't know which other extension you could use.
If you want to share the JEvent with moreless success, you have to replicate a website (with sharing of JEvent) that you have pre-configured with the JEvent and in which you have created the categories.
Perhaps you could prepare and reserve some categories for later use that you don't publish.
So that the "category ID" will be the same on each website and you would be able to update them in each slave site.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Jevents - Categories do not work in Multi-Sites 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
Does this mean that all sites: slave and masters: have to have the same categories in JEvents?

JEvents is a huge part of the sites I am building. I need a specific set of categories for each slave.

If he is simply saying that categories added in the slave aren't being saved to the master, then that's fine. I only need the categories on each slave.
jakeknight
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Jevents - Categories do not work in Multi-Sites 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
As I mentioned in previous reply, JEvents, use the core joomla "categories" to store its JEvents categories.
As the code joomla categories are not shared, when you decide to share the JEvents, you need to have created or reserved all the categories that you might need in the future.

This is the way that JEvents is architectured and this is a limitation when sharing the JEvents.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla