English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Sharing CBSubs for membership across sites
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Sharing CBSubs for membership across sites
Sharing CBSubs for membership across sites 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello!

I'm finally getting JMS all set for my sites, and I think it is going to work great. My scenario is that we have one parent organization with several affiliates, and we want the users and all community feature to be shared among them, while specific content will be unique. So I have set up a master as a repository and two slaves (the parent and an affiliate).

One roadblock I have is with CBSubs, a community builder plugin. While all the CB tables are shared, CBsubs creates a bunch of its own tables that are not. I'll need the slave sites to recognize memberships from other slaves, so I believe I need them to be shared.

I'm wondering if I can drop the tables from the slave database (located in the same DB as the master), and recreate views in the MySQL interface to have things line up. Or is the sharing process more complicated than that?

On a related note, I see there are not messaging systems that can be shared. I'm using Uddeim, and it would be convenient if it was shared. (It doesn't make sense if you users are shared across sites that your inbox wouldn't be shared across sites as well.) Can those tables similarly be recreated as views to share them? Or am I again missing something?

Is there any documentation or tutorials on adding this type of functionality that I have missed? Thanks for your insight!
phleum
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Sharing CBSubs for membership across sites 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
Which bunch of tables that CBSubs create that would not have a "comprogiler" prefix.

When an extension create table dynamically and that the extension is shared, you have to uninstall and reshare "CB" fro the dependend slave site to propagate the new tables shared.

Normally, you should always ensure that you create the physical table in the website that physically contain the CB content.
In this case, this mean that you could replace the existing table by views on the other one.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Sharing CBSubs for membership across sites 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
Thanks so much for taking my question!

Which bunch of tables that CBSubs create that would not have a "comprogiler" prefix.When CBSubs is installed it creates the following tables for storing subscription plans, payment gateway info, etc:

master_cbsubs_config
master_cbsubs_currencies
master_cbsubs_donations
master_cbsubs_gateway_accounts
master_cbsubs_history
master_cbsubs_merchandises
master_cbsubs_notifications
master_cbsubs_payments
master_cbsubs_payment_baskets
master_cbsubs_payment_items
master_cbsubs_plans
master_cbsubs_subscriptions

When an extension create table dynamically and that the extension is shared, you have to uninstall and reshare "CB" fro the dependend slave site to propagate the new tables shared.That makes sense. I learned this also when I added custom fields to CB- that you needed to do this to recreate the views with the new columns (if I'm understanding properly how views work).

Normally, you should always ensure that you create the physical table in the website that physically contain the CB content.So this would be the master?

In this case, this mean that you could replace the existing table by views on the other one.So this would be in the slaves?

I'm even thinking that only sharing the tables that only hold the info about subscriptions held (#__cbsubs_subcriptions) would be good enough; then other sites would recognize the subscriptions, but each site could keep it's own plan info, payment gateway, etc. It would make it a sort of read-only setup in the several slaves. Can you share some but not all, or do you think something would break?
phleum
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Sharing CBSubs for membership across sites 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
Would you please send me the CBSubs extension that is installed in CB to allow me testing that.
As the internal extension installed inside CB are not seen from the Joomla itself, the only solution that I see is to add the definition of CBSubs inside the definition of CB itself to declare that CB is composed of "comprofiler" and "cbsubs_" tables.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Sharing CBSubs for membership across sites 13 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
So I tried the approach I asked about above for CBSubs- I dropped the tables in the slaves and replaced them with views of the master tables. It works, and it seems to be seamless. The concept makes sense, that if all the content is dumped into a single table then all the slaves pointing to it would be the same.

Being bold, I set up Groupjive (another CB plugin) and UddeIM that way. Both seem to work.

I'm wondering what the pitfall to this approach is. In your table of components that can be shared, UddeIM (PMS) is listed as not being able to be shared. Should I expect problems?
phleum
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Sharing CBSubs for membership across sites 13 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 54
Concerning your attempt of sharing UddeIM , it seems that you need to share:
- the users,
- all the #__uddeim% tables
- But also other things like
#__pms;
#__jim;
#__abim_data;
#__jam;
#__mypms;
#__missus;
#__primezilla_inbox;
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla