English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Sharing CBSubs for membership across sites
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Sharing CBSubs for membership across sites
Re: Sharing CBSubs for membership across sites 13 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
Maybe I found a pitfall to this approach... have you seen this issue: I added a custom field to CB in the master, and I uninstalled CB in the slaves to reshare it, but the option to share wasn't available anymore. When I "propagated to children" there seemed to be no change. I don't really understand the "overwrite" checkbox, but with or without it made no difference. About the same time, I noticed the CB captcha plugin on the slaves stopped working. A look at the DB and all the tables are still tables, not views. Do you think I fouled something up with the database meddling?

On the Uddeim thing- I don't have any of those tables in my master- are they for components that integrate with Uddeim or other PMS? Are you saying there are just to many links to chase down?
phleum
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Sharing CBSubs for membership across sites 13 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
Ok, strange. I added another plugin and tried uninstalling to reshare CB, and this time the "+" symbol came up and I could reshare it, and it's back to working. I don't get it, but I'm not knocking it...
phleum
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Sharing CBSubs for membership across sites 13 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 54
In general, when you add field, their definition is saved in some table.
When you share an extension, MySQL keep the layout of the table as they was at the moment you shared the extension. So you can uninstall and re-install the extension to apply the changes when you share the extension.

The "overwrite" flag in the JMS Tool is originally defined to overwrite the content of a physical table and not for a link between tables. So it should not have any effect in this case.

Concerning the Uddeim extension, the other tables are probably used when other extension are installed. There are call to these other extensions that we didn't analyzed in detail.

The "+" icon is displayed when there is a definition of shared table.
In a plugin, it is displayed when there is the component that contain a shared definition.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla