English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Photoslide GK2
Photoslide GK2 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
When I deploy a slave site, the module loads, but the flash doesnt.

Example:

sportsnationnetwork.com - working
detroit.sportsnationnetwork.com - not working

I checked in tools section - even re-propagated to slaves with overwrite and same result.

Also, this component, is there anything you can do to make it compatible?
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/style-a...n/tabs-a-slides/5379

*** I know the template uses gantry, and I know there are issues with templates and gantry, I am not changing the template in anyway, it is simply a module and component issue.
d8tabyte
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Photoslide GK2 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
I think the reason is due to other parts of your website that generate JavaScript error.
When you are displaying your page in Firefox with Firebug enable, you can see that you have 9 javascript errors.

The first one appear in the RokBox.
You have several time "RokMiN" that is not defined.
Also have an error on jq2j that is not defined.
Finally error on LyteBox that is not defined.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Photoslide GK2 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
Is this due to the rockettheme template and gantry, or is this due to extensions not translating from master to slave, as these errors do not exist in the master.

The more I work on this, the more I think the benefits of purchasing this extension is far outweighed by its complexity. I've been doing development for 12 years and I am literally fighting with this every day just to get one successful slave site so that I can deploy my network.

I can't say this is the fault of the developer, as the extension is wonderful, if I could only better understand the tutorial videos (its a bit hard in broken english, again, fault can't be held to dev). I'm just beyond frustrated with this system and I'm pretty much down to doing this manually.

I'll try disabling everything that you listed and see if I can't get at least the front page to load properly.
d8tabyte
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Photoslide GK2 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
As I mentionned to you previously when I connected on the link that you provided, I have saw Javascript errors that were coming from other modules.
All you must know is that a javascript error can stop the execution of the other javascript.

Concerning Gantry, the main problem is that the setting that it read from a slave site can be wrong and the rendering might be also wrong as it read the configuration defined in the master instead of the one present in the slave site.

I don't think (but not sure) that gantry itself is the origin of the problem.
I suspect other Rocket Themes module.
I don't know what is RokBox and if it is part of the gantry.

Perhaps you could try install a small test environment with a standard Joomla and just install JMS Multisites and the Photoslide GK2 to verify if you can reproduce it without anything else.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla