English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Issue with mod_latestnews & article sharing
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Issue with mod_latestnews & article sharing
Issue with mod_latestnews & article sharing 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
I’ve encountered an odd problem with a core Joomla 1.5.23 module (mod_latestnews) and the Multisites Article Sharing plugin that I’m hoping to find a solution to.

Throughout all of my slave sites, I use the mod_latestnews module to display the most recent articles from the local slave site that are associated with a specific section and category. This works fine throughout the slave sites except for pages that use the article sharing feature. On those pages, when you click on the title of an article displayed in the mod_latestnews modules, a 404 error is generated.

From what I can see, the URLs that are generated for the mod_latestnews items on the pages where article sharing is in place are mis-generating, thus inserting the parent menu item level into the URL.

For the record I am using the built-in Joomla SEF capability (it is very important for these sites).

Here are some examples of what I’m talking about:

Here’s the home page of website where mod_latestnews works properly (see under NEWS & EVENTS on right side) and article sharing is not in use.

www.campbowwowusa.com/us/az/avondale/

The following page displays content via the article sharing plugin. Notice how when you click on the items within the mod_latestnews section (see under NEWS & EVENTS on right side) a 404 error is generated.

www.campbowwowusa.com/us/az/avondale/services/camp-bow-wow

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.
peterlacis
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
peterlacis MUSIC + TECHNOLOGY = PETER LACIS peterlacis Location: Boulder, CO
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Issue with mod_latestnews & article sharing 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
Did you tested the case when the SEF is not enabled - just to know if the problem is located in the SEF or not.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Issue with mod_latestnews & article sharing 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
edwin2win wrote:
Did you tested the case when the SEF is not enabled - just to know if the problem is located in the SEF or not.

I have tested this and the problem persists regardless of the SEF Friendly URL setting or Apache mod_rewrite. To be certain I disable both SEF and mod_rewrite on both the parent (master site where shared articles are located) and the child (slave) site. No change.
peterlacis
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Issue with mod_latestnews & article sharing 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Edwin - is there any chance you could please look into my issue with the core functionality here? I'm in the midst of rolling out 130 sites based on your plugin and this issue is affecting all of them.
peterlacis
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Issue with mod_latestnews & article sharing 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
The reason is identified and is caused to the fact that the joomla mod_latestnews try to get the article from the website associated to the "multisites article sharing".

To solve the solution, use the "Multisites Content Module" that allow selecting from which website the "latestnews" must read the articles.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla