English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Virtuemart - share products but not configuration
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Virtuemart - share products but not configuration
Virtuemart - share products but not configuration 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi

A friend wants to have two versions of his website, one that has virtuemart set up as a catalogue only and the other that has the shopping cart enabled.

The idea is that we would use a plugin to detect what country visitor is from and based on that redirect the vistor to either the catalogue or store version of the site.

Is it possible to share the virtuemart data only and have the installation or configuration files separate to each slave site?

Also do you know of any plugins for IP/country detection that work with multisites or off any issues with doing this with multisites?

Kind regards
Amie McCarron
amccarron
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Virtuemart - share products but not configuration 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 54
Yes this is possible to create website that share VirtueMart and in the same time that has specific VM Admin "configuration" and VM Store "Edit Store" parameters.

We don't know external product that could do that automatically. We can just tell you that we know at least one customer in australia that did something similar.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Virtuemart - share products but not configuration 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
I too am looking at this option. While I am able with multisites to keep vendor information separate, CONFIGURATION information is tied to the install not the store.

In my testing with the VM2 team I think this will be much easier as more of the config params are tied to the vendor/user rather than the installation. It should also be usable with Multisites via the shared users tables, as it depends stricly on the Joomla users rather than its own users table.

Unfortunately, it isn't yet stable enough for a live site on any J! platform, though very close on J!1.5.

All that said, if you come up with a solution to this using current releases... please post. As will I.

Thanks
CassVox
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Virtuemart - share products but not configuration 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
Great thank you for the reply! I will give this a go then
amccarron
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla