English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

KunenaDiscuss plugin- hacked to work w/ Multisites
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: KunenaDiscuss plugin- hacked to work w/ Multisites
KunenaDiscuss plugin- hacked to work w/ Multisites 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
I was having trouble using kunenadiscuss because although the forum is shared, the content the plugin references live in individual tables. The problem is that when viewing a post created by kunenadiscuss in a site other than the one that created it, it will show the article from that site with the intended article's id.

I hacked up two files in Kunena and kunenadiscuss, and now it works pretty well. There are lots of other parts that would be nice to integrate better-- the parameters don't make much sense when there are different content categories on each site-- but this will do for me for now.

I'm posting the files here in case anyone else can use them or improve them. (I couldn't figure out GitHub). If someone else tried it, look for "case 'article'" in kunena.paser.php (below, here) to configure it for your sites. I haven't tried it with J!1.6, but I made the same edits for both versions.

Feedback is most welcome!

File Attachment:
File Name: kunena.txt
File Size: 68260
root/component/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php

Also, I hardcoded a 100 word limit on the article text in posts, because the parameter regarding intro vs. fulltext doesn't seem to work.
phleum
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2011/10/27 05:33 By phleum.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:KunenaDiscuss plugin- hacked to work with Multisit 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
Here's the other one:

root/plugins/content/kunenadiscuss.php
File Attachment:
File Name: kunenadiscuss-20111027.txt
File Size: 26365

No configuration necessary on this one.
phleum
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:KunenaDiscuss plugin- hacked to work with Multisit 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 54
Interesting code.
The second file (plugin) seems generic and I just have a comment on the fact that the "$multisites_id" is always present and therefore the $siteid will never be empty.

Concerning the first file, I think a generic code could be writtent to replace the hardcoded value.
The DB name and table prefix can be retreived once the site ID is known.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla