English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Probleme with JV Framework
Probleme with JV Framework 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello
I use Joomla 1.7 with JMS2 1.2
In the master site I have installed the component lien vers le siteJV Framework (1664) which is both a component and a template (associated with a plug-in). In the master site it works well both as a component and template.
Sharing of classical template (Beez) works well
I have created a slave site and I have declared in the Tools the sharing of JV Framework and the associated plugin.

1 - The JV Framewok is visible in the component menu and when I open the JV panel I see the JV declared as default template, If I I try to open the JV template a window declares :
"JV Framework is not currently set as your default template. Would you like to make it your default template??"
In the the extension/template manager the JV template doesn't exist as a template.

2 - I tryed to install JV framewok in the slave site. The installation fails :
This extension is not found in the master site.
Please install it first in the master site before installing it into the slave site
Error installing component

When I want to open the front end slave site the page is blank (with default Beez template, it works well).

Is there a sharing incompatibility for this template which is both a component and a template ?
Thank tou for help !
grageot
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Probleme with JV Framework 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
If you are not able to re-install the extension in the slave site and that you have the message that it does not exists in the master, this probably mean that this extension has a special installation procedure that use another name than the target one.

As you are working on Joomla 1.7, the alternate solution is to go in the slave site "extension manager" and try "discover" the extension to let joomla install it in the slave site.

If it does not work, see also the JMS tool menu.
Normally you should find the JV Framework for your slave site and show be able to install it from the JMS Tool menu.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Probleme with JV Framework 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
Thank you for this quick response
JV framework is an extension proposed with Joomla 1.7 which install the template JV Melody and create JV Melody in the template menu.
I have installed the sharing between masrter and slave with the JMS toll menu in the master the extension and the associated plugin exist. In the slave the JV extension appears in the component menu BUT not as a template, I thinck that this is the reason of the first message asking for the default template.
When I install this extension in the slave, it fails with the above message.
I am supposing that there is an ambiguity between extension and template, the slave recognise the extension but not the template (JMS Tool sharing). When installing in slave it desn't recognise the extension of the master site.
With a classical template everything works well.
JV framewok is a very interesting tool to manage different templates inside a single site. I'd like to be able using it with JMS.
grageot
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Probleme with JV Framework 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
JMS tool menu can only be used for components, modules and plugins.
Not for the languages or templates.

Based on what I understand (and the topic of this post), you can install the JV framework component but you have now a problem with the JV Melody template.

Concerning the joomla template, use the "discover" function presnet in the extension manager. If you have a problem with the "discover", report the problem to the author of the template.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla