English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Backend Acess Problem after Migration on a Plesk
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Backend Acess Problem after Migration on a Plesk
Backend Acess Problem after Migration on a Plesk 13 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
I'm trying to migrate a multisite from www.aaaa.com to test.bbbb.com (temp domain alias for test) :
- I make a joomlapack of www.aaaa.com
- Reinstall on test.bbbb.com
- update the configuration.php, config_multisites.php, config_templates with the new values of folders and domains.

The master site works in frontend but i can't acess to the control panel. When i try some login/password on test.bbbb.com i'm always redirected at the login page of the administrator.

Some others informations :
- login works @ frontend
- there is no sef active

Thanks for precious help.
epanda
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Backend Acess Problem after Migration on a Plesk 13 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 54
As you could read several times in this forum, JoomlaPack does NOT perform accurated backup.
So this is normal that the restore does not provide you the expected result.

If you are using Symbolic Link or sharing MySQL Table, you have to restore them correctly and not restore physical content.

Concerning the slave site, if you have deployed them into a specific directory that is not instide "/multisites" directory, you can rebuild all the symbolic links with "open/res-save" of slave site. This will rebuild the links in your new environment.

When you restore a DB, you have to check that you really rebuild the links and not create physical table.

If you want that we help you to backup/restore your website, we have a billable support that you can order at
www.jms2win.com/download?page=shop.produ...35&category_id=1
edwin2win
graph

Re: Backend Acess Problem after Migration on a Plesk 13 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
I know that Joomlapack can't restore symlinks of slave site but the restoration of the files and the database seems to be good.... the sharing mysql table is present with "views" and not "myisam" and the "views" works.

I don't restore the symlinks of my slave site that is not inside "/multisites" but a folder "/slave". But for the moment i just want to acces to the control panel of my master site and i can't login. I'm always redirected to admin login page without error. I see some debug class in the jms code. Is there a way to activate a debug mode in jms (without backend access) ?

Thanks for your precious help.
epanda
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Backend Acess Problem after Migration on a Plesk 13 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 54
If you are using a Joomla 1.5.16, 17 or 18, see the Joomla bug tracker that explain some cases where you are always coming back to the "login" form.

Edit the source /libraries/joomla/application/application.php and discard a fix introduced by joomla in 1.5.16
Put the session lines 530 in comment

/*
$session = &JFactory::getSession();

// we fork the session to prevent session fixation issues
$session->fork();
$this->_createSession($session->getId());
*/

See Joomla bug tracker
joomlacode.org/gf/project/joomla/tracker...racker_item_id=20221
edwin2win
graph

Re: Backend Acess Problem after Migration on a Plesk 13 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
I'm using Joomla 1.5.14. I have try several things but no result... just getting crazy !

I must use your billage support.
epanda
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Backend Acess Problem after Migration on a Plesk 13 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
Hello,

I am having similar issues after migrating to a Cloud Server.
Sessions are being saved in the Joomla db and to my browser, but I still cannot access the backend. Also, on the front end I cannot access the site with the CB login module, only with the default Joomla login module. This seems strange to me since the back-end does not work.

I have these lines in my application.php file when patched:
Code:

//_jms2win_begin v1.2.54      _jms2win_fix_j1_5_22_
// remove the code introduced in Joomla 1.5.16 and higher to accept Single Sign-In
//_jms2win_end
/*_jms2win_undo
$session = &JFactory::getSession();

// we fork the session to prevent session fixation issues
$session->fork();
$this->_createSession($session->getId());
  _jms2win_undo */

If I uninstall the JMS patches, all log-ins work just fine.

One thing might be hampering this, I have yet to move DNS to the new site.
About how I copied:
I used terminal scp and rsync to move my files directly from one server to the other, including all system users, home dirs, mail, etc. I copied all relevant httpd.config, mysql, and php.ini settings.
The server is a RH 5 install.
Code:

Linux IEDmain 2.6.18-194.32.1.el5xen #1 SMP Mon Dec 20 11:01:33 EST 2010 x86_64
Database Version:  5.1.55-ius
Database Collation:  utf8_general_ci
PHP Version:  5.2.17
Web Server:  Apache
Web Server to PHP interface:  apache2handler
Joomla! Version:  Joomla! 1.5.22 Stable [ senu takaa ama woi ] 04-November-2010 18:00 GMT

Please assist!
IEDadmin1
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla