English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Virgin installation Joomla 1.6.3 and JMS 1.2.54
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Virgin installation Joomla 1.6.3 and JMS 1.2.54
Virgin installation Joomla 1.6.3 and JMS 1.2.54 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi pals.
I was using the JMS on my Joomla 1.5 sites for 10 months, now I want to use it in Joomla 1.6 because it has a feature that I really need.

I follow the next procedure based on the lot of fight that I had with JMS with Joomla 1.5 in the past until I understood how it works and now I really loved this apps.

First I restart the dedicated server, I am using the main FTP account of my server to create the master Joomla 1.6 site, also I use the main FTP account with the new Joomla 1.6, the DB and user DB have not all permission with views yet, and the Joomla 1.6 works very normal.

The first apps to install is JMS 1.2.54, I used the two ways, directly from tmp directory with the unzip apps, and the normal install.

In the normal install where I upload the zip files, it doesn´t create the admin menu and display the message of a successful installation but you can see the menu to enter to JMS component, also does not work.

In the unzip install where I unzip the file in a directory into the tmp directory and when I am going to install I received the next message “Fatal error: Call to undefined method JXMLElement::getElementByPath() in /home/XXXXXXX/public_html/master/administrator/components/com_multisites/install.multisites.php on line 43”.

I was repeting three times the installation and I got the same result.

I installed the Jomsocial 2.2.2 to test this Joomla 1.6 site and works fine

Any idea?

thanks
raymondorta
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Virgin installation Joomla 1.6.3 and JMS 1.2.54 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 54
Are you sure that you used the JMS 1.2.54.
In 1.2.54, there is no statment getElementByPath() in the source administrator/components/com_multisites/install.multisites.php

I suspect that you use an older version of Jms Multi Sites.
To get the latest version, see the FAQ.
www.jms2win.com/en/faq/faq-joomla-multi-sites#cat-122
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla