English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Multi Sites tool is creating multiple copies.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Multi Sites tool is creating multiple copies.
Multi Sites tool is creating multiple copies. 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
I am running Joomla 1.6.3 and version 1.2.54 of JMS. Everytime I create a new site, it creates multiple folder copies.

Here is an example:

/public_html/multisites/sitename/multisites/sitename/multisites/sitename/multisites/sitename/multisites/sitename/multisites/sitename/multisites/sitename/multisites

And it does this for every site I create. So inside the first multisites folder, there are the 5 sites I have created. Well, inside those 5 sites, there is another multisites folder in each one, with 5 more folders for each of the sites, and this continues 9 deep.

So, what starts out as 5 folders for my sites, turns into 25 folders, then 125 folders, 625 folders, etc...

You can see my problem. This is causing all my sites to run extremely slow, and I am afraid to create any more sites.

Is this an error in the code? Do I need to update with a patch? Is there some setting I need to change?

Please help!

Thanks
ebizteam
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Multi Sites tool is creating multiple copies. 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
It does not create plenty of folder but is using symbolic links.
This is absolutely normal that you have this "virtual loop" when creating the symbolic link on a parent folder.

If you want to avoid that, you just have to deploy the slave site into a directory beside the master like presented in the tutorial video 0b - slide 21-24.
www.jms2win.com/en/tutorial#jms12x-0b
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla