English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Not working well for Joomla 1.7
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Not working well for Joomla 1.7
Not working well for Joomla 1.7 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
Ok, I have tried many times and this extension is not working for Joomla 1.7 very well.

1. Symlinks are not working properly. This creates multiple errors starting with the install. In order for a slave site to be installed certain files need to be copied over, but this will make maintenance troublesome. Symlinks appear to not work for the [/media, /administrator] folders, and not always in the [/modules] folder either.

In order for me to install I need to copy the /media folder to the slave. This is troublesome later when I want to install new extensions.

In order for me to have access to the administrator back end I need to copy over the /administrator folder. This becomes really troublesome later on when I want to install new extensions.

Perhaps the issue is smaller than I am making it. It appears to the symlinks will not work only in certain instances. In the case of the failed install ... mootools was not loading. Perhaps it is an issue with my shared host. When I attempt to find certain files with the slave they will not appear in my browser.

Is there anything I can do to correct my symlink issue? I was really looking forward to using this extension.
profebral
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Not working well for Joomla 1.7 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
I've made some progress on this. in line 553 of /libraries/includes/joomla/html/html.php ... the script adds javascript to the code, however the symlink is not working. After doing some reading this appears to be a security reason.

If I replace line 553:
Code:

$document->addScript($include);

with
Code:

$document->addScript('http://www.mastersite.com'.$include);

I can at least push the button. But now I am at a different error. 'Joomla is not defined', found further down in installation.js.

I am sure after time I can hard code all that I need. It is in no way an elegant change to the software, but it is the beginning of a fix.

Is the master site url set in a variable somewhere in JMS?
profebral
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

I am really trying to help correct this issue for anyone else that may need it. Further down the html.php file I remarked and made similar changes to this line of code.
Code:

$document->addScript(JURI::root(true).'/media/system/js/core'.$uncompressed.'.js');

modifying it to
Code:

$document->addScript('http://www.mastersite.com'.'/media/system/js/core'.$uncompressed.'.js');

That helped me complete the install, but now I am unable to access the admin panel. I get nothing or the 403 Forbidden I was getting before. I am really hoping to symlink the admin panel too.
profebral
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Not working well for Joomla 1.7 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 54
Symbolic Link is something that is managed by your server and not by joomla.
The key element is that you server follow the symbolic link.
So normally, you don't have to change any peace of code inside joomla to have the correct path as this is your server that should give you the path.

So check that your server has the
Options +FollowSymLinks
active

All you are trying in modifying joomla is compute the path that is normally done with by your server (apache).
Some server may something be configured to not follow the symbolic link.
I think this is the problem that you encounter here.
edwin2win
graph

I was under a similar impression and have contacted my host to try and correct the situation. Thanks Edwin.
profebral
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla