English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Errors when I update the patch
Errors when I update the patch 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
After updating to the latest patch on joomla 1.7 I get the following errors at the top of the page.

Notice: Constant JPATH_ROOT already defined in /var/www/html/jimmycoppensCOM/administrator/includes/defines.php on line 19

Notice: Constant JPATH_SITE already defined in /var/www/html/jimmycoppensCOM/administrator/includes/defines.php on line 20

Notice: Constant JPATH_CONFIGURATION already defined in /var/www/html/jimmycoppensCOM/administrator/includes/defines.php on line 21

Notice: Constant JPATH_ADMINISTRATOR already defined in /var/www/html/jimmycoppensCOM/administrator/includes/defines.php on line 22

Notice: Constant JPATH_LIBRARIES already defined in /var/www/html/jimmycoppensCOM/administrator/includes/defines.php on line 23

Notice: Constant JPATH_PLUGINS already defined in /var/www/html/jimmycoppensCOM/administrator/includes/defines.php on line 24

Notice: Constant JPATH_INSTALLATION already defined in /var/www/html/jimmycoppensCOM/administrator/includes/defines.php on line 25

Notice: Constant JPATH_THEMES already defined in /var/www/html/jimmycoppensCOM/administrator/includes/defines.php on line 26

Notice: Constant JPATH_CACHE already defined in /var/www/html/jimmycoppensCOM/administrator/includes/defines.php on line 27

Notice: Constant JPATH_MANIFESTS already defined in /var/www/html/jimmycoppensCOM/administrator/includes/defines.php on line 28

go to ip-184-168-105-193.ip.secureserver.net/ to see the errors on the page.
jameshcoppens
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Errors when I update the patch 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 54
Do you have a specific "index.php" file in joomla.
Normally the "administration/includes/define.php" file should never called when the definition are already defined.

Or do you have specific plugin that would bypass joomla and re-implement things without checking the definition is already declared.

I suspect that you have a plugin or a module that bypass joomla and does not perform a correct initialisation of joomla.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Errors when I update the patch 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
That makes no sense because I didn't get these notice errors before I updated to the new patch. In order to resolve these notice errors I went to the administrator/includes/defines.php and commented out everything.

It seems to be working now. Go figure.
jameshcoppens
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Errors when I update the patch 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 54
If you put the joomla file with all in comment, this fix temporarly your error but the next time that you will update joomla, they may restore the line.

The problem comes from an extension that does not perform the correct initialization and that does not check if the "/administration/define.php" is present before calling the "/administration/includes/define.php"

This kind of initialization changed between joomla 1.5 and joomla 1.6, 1.7.

So we think that it is better that you identify the extension (probably plugin) or something else that bypass joomla initialisation and that have develop their own "incomplete" initialisation.

It you want that we have a look on your server and try identifying who perform the wrong initialisation, this is possible with our billable support that you can order at
www.jms2win.com/en/joomla-multisite?page...35&category_id=1

If you are a developper, you can also add a test inside the define.php to check this case and diplay the stack when the condition is OK. This will help you identifying which is the source code that is calling the define.php incorrectly.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Errors when I update the patch 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 1
I am getting these same errors.

I just installed JMS on my site that I just redid completely in J1.7.

Not sure how to diagnose the issue???
buddyq
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Errors when I update the patch 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
Normally, the first statement that is called is the Jms code and the defines.php that is present in the root directory (and not the include one).

I don't know who perform the call to the include directory one but the only way to know it is to add a debug trace in include/define.php file to display the stack call and display who perform the first call.

Sorry but I don't see in which condition, you can have that.

You mentioned that you use Joomla 1.7.
With which JMS version ?
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla