English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Strange Behavior With JomSocial
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Strange Behavior With JomSocial
Strange Behavior With JomSocial 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
First, thanks for the patience Edwin. I fixed my symlink situation and all is working nice. Though I have run into some very strange behavior with JomSocial.

Everything appears to be working out of the box. All of the data in the databases are shared. That works. However, users are not being registered by the slave. Though a user with the ID exists in the database table, the slave's JomSocial component will not register it as a user, which leads to strange behavior.

The user's activities and status updates from the main site show on the slave site. However, it has no user name with link at the slave site. Clicking on the profile picture gives this error: JUser: :_load: Unable to load user with id: 44

This seems to happen with just the user names and it happens no matter what. If I create a user on the slave, the same thing will happen on the master.

Another oddity occurs because of this. When I created a user on the master (ID 43), I then created a user on the slave and it took the ID 43. Even though the data existed in the table, the newly created user at the slave site took that ID. On the slave it uses its name at registration, on the main it uses its name at registration ... however the url is the newly created user's data. (ID-username) on both sites.

Joomla 1.7.1
JMS 1.2.66 (plugins 1.2.70)
JomSocial 2.2.4
profebral
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Strange Behavior With JomSocial 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 54
It seems that you didn't shared JomSocial correctly.

The sharing of JomSocial also require that you have the joomla user shared.
It seems this is not the case.
Check that you also have the #__users table that is shared. I suspect this is not the case.

See the procedure in the tutorial video 16 that explain how to share the users.
www.jms2win.com/en/tutorial#jms12x-16
edwin2win
graph

Re: Strange Behavior With JomSocial 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
ahh.. Is there anyway to add that to a slave that has already been installed?

Edit: I seem to have an issue saving that option in the template. I clicked on sharing and shared users, but the option is not saved when I go back to look at the template sharing options.
profebral
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2011/10/14 22:31 By profebral.

NO.

The joomla user can only be shared when you create the website.
Once a website is created with standalone users, you can not convert it into shared users because the user_id will not be the same.

See the tutorial video 16 that show how to create a website that share the users
www.jms2win.com/en/tutorial#jms12x-16
edwin2win
graph

Re: Strange Behavior With JomSocial 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
I watched the tutorial. As I said, when I create a template that option is not saving. What do I need to do to correct that?
profebral
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Did you select a website to replicate.

If you do not select any website to replicate, the "sharing" tabs present in the JMS Templates is not saved.

So select sharing the "JomSocial" without replicating a website will not do anything as your request is to create a fresh slave site.

Review again the tutorial video 16 where is shown that you create a rule that replicate the slave 1 website to share the users.
You have to do the same and select the website with which you want to share the users and jomsocial.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2011/10/25 09:02 By edwin2win.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla