English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Problem with propagating template installation
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Problem with propagating template installation
Problem with propagating template installation 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 1
Hi,
I've got a lot of problems with installing templates on master/slave site because I started with slave site, then master site, then the other way around, and on the slave site the templates are not found.

In fact I've the following configuration. My slave site templates directory is not a link but a directory, and all templates inside it are directory as well. This is because when I create the slave, a copy with created. So far, so good.
Note that the "template_style" database table is not shared (not a view) as one could expect.

What is the procedure to install a NEW template.
Let's say both on the slave and master, or on the slave only, or on the master only.
Since they are seperated "templates" directory and separated "template_style" database table one would expect no problem.

HOWEVER when I try to install the template on the slave, there is no error, but the template files do not go to the slaved directory. So obviously this does not change anything and the new template is not found at runtime although it is declared in the database, and the installation process when normaly.

Here is my configuration.
I've created the slave from a template which have the following options:

$templates['TEMPLATE'] = array(
'templates_dir' => '',
'symboliclinks' => array( 'administrator' => array( ...
'templates' => array( 'action' => 'copy'),

and I didn't change the template_dir or anything in the slave site description.
jeanmariefavre
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Problem with propagating template installation 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 54
In Joomla 1.7, the "template_style" can NOT be shared and must be specific to each website. So that their parameters is specific to each websites. So this is not something that you can expect.

The different "/templates" directory configuration are shown in slide 34 of the technical video 0.b.

Full sharing mean that you have to use the "action" = "special copy".
Full copy with the "action" = "copy" for the templates directory.
Partial sharing with "action" = "special copy" or "copy" AND the "template folder" = {deploud_dir}/templates.

In joomla 1.5, this is all.

In Joomla 1.7, joomla changed the procedure and is no more automatic.
So to recognize a template, you need to make it discovered manually. Use for that the new joomla 1.7 discover function that is present in the "extension manager" to make the template recognized manually.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla