English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

configuration.php ios not copied
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: configuration.php ios not copied
configuration.php ios not copied 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello

I spend two weeks to understand the programm and i ended up with a setup that theoritically would allow me to install many sites

Once in a site title i entered Greek letters (utf8) then i saw that this did not go to the created site title. So i went as usually to the global parameters of the child site and i changed the site name. This went as well to the site i use as master so i see that i cannt add title to my customer sites...
isn't it possible to have configuration.php as copied file as we do for the templates and cache?
If this cannot happen then where should i put the global site title for each child and where i should put the global meta ?

I trust you see the meta and title as very critical for those who sell websites

Pls advice
All the best
stavros
dynamicsite
dyn
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: configuration.php ios not copied 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
If your question is relative to the website creation from the front-end the you seems report an issue concerning the site title that would not accept UTF8 characters for greek letters.
We will cross check this point.

Concening the "meta keyword" and "meta description", these fields are not critical as you can always setup these value from the back-end of the slave site once it is created.
If you want to add such field in the front-end website create, you can still create your own layout and process yourself the additional field.

We will notice that this is something that you would like to enhance JMS.
edwin2win
graph

Re:configuration.php ios not copied 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
thanks

are there instructions on how to add extrafields for the meta?

also i have seen that by creating a site either from front end or from backend the system does not send any message to the declated email... it would be great client to receive an email with their login credentials. is there a setting i missed to do?

all the best.
stavros
dynamicsite
dyn
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:configuration.php ios not copied 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
To send email with new credential to the user, go in the "advanced" panel present in the "menu item" and setup the email subject, message that you want to be sent.
In addition, the email is automatically sent when the login/password is modified.
So you just have to configure the "menu item".

Concerning the creation of additional field in a layout, you just have to duplicate a layout directory and change the content as you want.
After that, up to you to manage the additional fields yourself in a plugin or other specific PHP code that you would have specified in the "menu item".
The execution of the script present in the "menu item" just require that you enable the "billable website" functionality and that you have "website quota" available (see you settings menu).
edwin2win
graph

Re:configuration.php ios not copied 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
thanks this is great..

now a face another strange issue

let me explain how i work with the system

i have a master then i created a fresh site and i followed the installation, then because i am laizy i deleted all the foldes in to the created site and i installed an other like the master but with other content into the pages and menus, then i ctrated template that will create new sites via the fresh new site i had created before.. I set up the template folder to be indipentant in every site while the templates i use have ini files with individual setings as fonds, colors etc.. Then i go to master site frondend and i create a site based to this template. The site is correctly created to the folder i set. then i create a second site based on the same template. what i see is that even i set site title on front end form this name does not go to the sites, also if i go to the second slave site and i edit the site name this goes to the site i use as original (the fresh i created) also if i change font or color into template manager then this goes to all the slaves so it damages other sites...
I made many tests many hours and finally i ended to a workaround. Once i create a slave site from front end i select it and i press edit and i re-save it... then everything is fixed... every slave site keeps the changes for itself and nothing goes to the rest sites...this is ok for manual site creation but it does not allow me to allow people to create their own sites...
coud you reproduce the issue and provide a solution? should i change the way i use the system so to avoid these problems? i need to have many copying templates and each to result to completely different sites with different pages content and joomla template
pls advice
Regards
Stavros
dynamicsite
dyn
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:configuration.php ios not copied 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
Concerning the "templates" settings in joomla, this depends if you are using Joomla 1.5 or Joomla 1.7.

In Joomla 1.5, the settings of a template is saved in a file "params.ini".
In Joomla 1.7, the settings is saved in the DB or when there is no info in the DB, it can use the "params.ini"

When working with JMS, the parameters are either read from params_XXXXX.ini or when it does not exists is read from params.ini.
XXXXX is the Site ID.

"params.ini" is the file for the master.

In other words, when you didn't setup the parameters of a slave site template, the params_XXXX.ini does not exists and this is the master parameters that is read.
This is the reason why it seems to you that all the websites have the parameters changed when you modify the master.

Just setup a slave site template and you will have a specific parameter.

Remark:
Some template companies have created framework that replace the Joomla framework.
In this case, they may perhaps already read the "params.ini" instead of the "params_xxxx.ini" file.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla