English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Password not changed on admin during slave create
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1234
TOPIC: Password not changed on admin during slave create
Re: Password not changed on admin during slave create 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
You mentioned an attached image but I don't see it.

Which are the value that you assigned in the JMS Template rule.
Don't forget that you have to select an "Admin User" that you didn't listed.
If you don't select the "Admin User" where you want to have a new full name, new login, new email address, new paasword, in this case, this update the first Super Admin present in your website.

The value does NOT change the user who created the website but change the selected "Admin User" that you defined.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Password not changed on admin during slave create 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
Dear Edwin,

I udnerstand the process, so of course I hae defined the admin user as well. That's why it works when the user who creates the site has the opition (allowed in the menu) to change admin e-mail and password. It works well.

But if i disallow to change admin password and email in the menu, and I want to let to create it via the template rule, it doesn't change.
It seems that I have forgotten to attache the template setuop image, so I do it now. You can see on the template how I do it.

Regards

Jozsef

[UPDATE]
image file was too large, so attached again
joekker
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2012/03/01 12:17 By joekker.

Re: Password not changed on admin during slave create 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
JMS always change a user.
When you don't select any admin user, JMS use the default rule that consists to update the first Super Admin user.
So it changes something but probably not the one that you want.

In your screenshot, it seems that you set an "Admin User".

I also notice that your path to image folder and path to media folder seems to be wrong.
You have to use relative path and not full path.
Are you using the latest JMS version ?
edwin2win
graph

Re: Password not changed on admin during slave create 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
Yes, I do. Just a week befor purchased the latest version as well.
The user I set is an Administrator (not Super Admin) as it was in your tutorial.

What is the difference using a realtive path or an absolute path?
They are not pointing to the same directory in this case for example?
joekker
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

The difference between absolute path and relative path is that in case of the absolute path, this start from the root directory of your disk ( / )
In case of a relative path, this start from the current directory - So relative to your deployed directory.

Concerning the Admininstrator user selected, the parameters that are defined in the JMS templates are used as default value to fill the new admin values.
They are used when there is nothing entered in the front-end.
edwin2win
graph

Dear Edwin,

exactly that is what I am saying, the new administrator parameters should be used when there is nothing entered in the frontend. As I have written earlier, I have DISABLED providing admin e-mail and password at frontend. See:
But if i disallow to change admin password and email in the menu, and I want to let to create it via the template rule, it doesn't change.

That is the problem. No admin e-mail and password is given at the frontend (as disabled), but the template provided options don't do their job.

Regards

Jozsef
joekker
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1234
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla