English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

New slave admin does not replace template user
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: New slave admin does not replace template user
New slave admin does not replace template user 12 Years ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin,

I'm trying to use the frontend module to create a new slave site.

The registered user selected in the JMS template is not being updated with the new email address, username or real name derived from the {new_admin_email} keyword.

When I check the slave site the database for the user in question has not been updated at all (i.e. the user details from the template remain the same).

Can you please look into this issue and let me know if this is a bug?

I need this resolved rather urgently.

Thanks and regards.
TonyGee
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:New slave admin does not replace template user 12 Years ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin,

I just want to be clear about this issue.

For my requirements, it is actually better that the JMS Template User information is NOT REPLACED with the new Slave User information.

The reason it is better for me is because the new site creation module still sends a confirmation email to the Slave User (using the {new_admin_email} keyword) and this perfectly suits my desired workflow.

I can then edit the confirmation email to contain a link to REGISTER on the new slave site. If the Slave User information replaces the JMS Template User then the confirmation email needs to include the new login information.

The reason I want the Slave User to REGISTER is so that they can complete the customized Jomsocial registration process (if they already have a login sent via email then they will bypass this process).

So in the end I want to know if this is a bug that will be fixed in the system (and therefore when it is fixed it will break my desired workflow), or is this the actual functionality?

I hope this makes sense to you.

Thanks and regards.
TonyGee
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla