English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Clone Horse Rescue sites, single admin
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Clone Horse Rescue sites, single admin
Clone Horse Rescue sites, single admin 11 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi! I built an animal rescue site: gerdasanimalaid.org

I want to be able to offer websites to other horse rescues by cloning this site, but ideally using a single admin section to maintain them all. Or at least an admin site to make all software updates and regular admin functions and use slave admin to add site specific content.

The primary thing I need to duplicate is the sobipro directory, which serves as the adoptable horse directory. But there are obviously various modules I'd like copied as well.

Is it possible to have 1 site with ALL of the horses and slave sites that only contain the horses/articles/content pertinent to that rescue?

Or if it isn't possible to have one site with all of the horses, at a minimum, I'm looking for a single admin login to maintain all updates and cloning, and each slave site to have their own horses & content.

Also, if I am updating joomla or joomla extensions, does it only update the master, or does it also update all of the slaves? Your documentation seemed to indicate this was the case, but I have a vision problem and have a really hard time reading white font on a black background.

Thanks,
Jill
cyfarian
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Clone Horse Rescue sites, single admin 11 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 54
Jill, in your description you request to clone but in the same time, you request to have a single administration and in fact you would like to share the sobipro content.

With JMS, you can share a limited number of extension content. SobiPro is one of them.
See the list of extension defined in our JMS tool menu.
www.jms2win.com/en/list-of-extensions?vi...id=269&Itemid=53

The concept of JMS is based on the sharing and NOT on the replication or duplication of content that require "synchronization". JMS does NOT contain anything to synchronize the content.
When you share the content of an extension, you have all the MySQL tables used by this extension that are physically shared between the websites. So that, the content is present only once and not duplicated. (So no need of synchronization).

When you share SOBI Pro, you also share the Joomla users.

When an extension is shared, it can be managed from any websites.

Concerning the update/upgrade of joomla or extension, you have to distinguish the update or an upgrade.
The update generally mean bug fix and does NOT change any table structure or data inside the DB. In this case, you can update the extension (or joomla) only once.

The upgrade can change the DB table structure or modify the table content. In this case, you need to re-apply the upgrade on the other websites to ajust the DB structure.
With JMS 1.3.x, there is a new "maintenance" menu that help to the verification of the DB structure to ensure that it is correct on all the sites. With Joomla 2.5, you have inside Joomla / extension maanger a database "fix" button that allow fix the joomla structure itself.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla