English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Portal Network
Portal Network 10 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi! I want to make a main site(network) with multiple subdomains: events, culture, clasifieds, etc.

Each website has its own content and displays its own content and little content from the related "brother sites".

On the master site I want to be able to show content from all sites and search the content of all sites. FROM the children sites I want to be also able to search content in a few related websites of this network.

How can I make things work?
Thanks a lot!
costisefu
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2013/12/10 20:22 By costisefu.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Portal Network 10 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 54
To make that work, you need:
- JMS
- The article sharing for JMS
- The Multi Sites Search Plugin

With JMS, you will be able to create the websites with the subdomains

With the "Article Sharing for JMS", you will be able to create menu item that display the articles coming from another websites. You will have to create as many menu item as websites from which you want to read the articles.

With the "Multi Sites Search Plugin", you can perform the search in a list of website pre-configured in the plugin. So in the master, you can ask to search in all the slave sites and in a Slave site, you can configure the plugin to search in the Master and potential some (not necessary all) other slave sites.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla