English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Suitable for multi lingual site?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Suitable for multi lingual site?
Suitable for multi lingual site? 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi

I need to build a site that is in two languages on the front end (the back end only in English, the front end English and Irish).

Irish is not a language supported by Joomla language component. I don't need any automatic translation done, as the client will provide tranlations of every article and menu.

Would this product work for this sort of use case? I want the user to be able to click a flag on the home page and get taken to, something like example.com/en or example.com/ir. If I used this on the English version of the site as the master could I create slave site with all the articles copied over as new versions, and then I could put the translations in instead?

I did something like this with WordPress a few years back as the site was multi regional as well as multilingual.

Many thanks,
therascal
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Suitable for multi lingual site? 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 54
Yes with JMS, you can create different websites into sub-directories like (/en or /ir)

It is effectivelly possible to create a slave site that is a copy of another one.
So if you decide to clone the "en" website to build the "ir" website, this is absolutely possible.
Once the copy of the website will be done, they will have their content independent.
In other words, if you add an article in the "en" website it will NOT be automatically present in the "IR" website. You will have to copy it manually.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla