English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Joomla with Virtuemart & K2 installation
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Joomla with Virtuemart & K2 installation
Joomla with Virtuemart & K2 installation 6 Years ago Karma: 0
I'm currently developing a Joomla site and I have been looking at options of running a CDN solution to speed up page load.
My client has also added a hosting fail-over solution to their wish-list and has asked about running a backup web-host.
Since I've discovered your multi-site solution we're considering serving Joomla pages from multiple mirror sites each on their own hosting box (master in US, and slaves in key countries, each pointed to by local domains).
I have few couple of questions.
- What security precautions have been implemented to ensure data being synced between Joomla installations via (not the same hosting box) can't be intercepted and read?
- Will Virtuemart extensions work or will they require additional coding to be supported?
- Do you support K2 content synchronisation?
- Virtuemart; can a user register, add products to cart and place an order on a slave site? If so, I understand information must be passed to the master site at some stage, can you explain the mechanisms by how this works? (I'm most interested in security of transferred information and site performance)).
- Can you guarantee your multi-site solution will work with Joomla 3.8.3 and Virtuemart 3.2.12?

Thanks for your time!
Kind regards, Scott.
394st
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Joomla with Virtuemart & K2 installation 6 Years ago Karma: 54
Thank you scott for the interest you give to Jms multisite.

The concept of JMS is based on the sharing.
- Sharing of the same joomla application (php code). File, directories on the disk.
- Sharing of the content of a limited number of extensions (DB content). MySQL tables.
See the list of extensions that are defined in JMS and also the one for which the content can be shared.
www.jms2win.com/en/list-of-extensions?vi...id=269&Itemid=53

The word "sharing" really mean shared.
That means that the data is NOT duplicated and therefore does NOT need to be synchronized as it is unique.

JMS does NOT provide any synchronization system.

Yes JMS can work for J3.8.x, VirtueMart, K2 and many other.

The issue in your description is that you mentioned several hosting and that in your mind, you think duplication of information with synchronization.
As the concept of JMS is based on the sharing that mean that all the websites must be on the same hosting account to share the same files and folders on the disk. In case of the sharing of the DB content, MySQL must also need to have the access on the other DB and/or tables. In other words, use the same MySQL user name for the different sites.

Therefore, the solution that consists in creating several websites on different hosting in different countries is not compatible with the concept of sharing that use a single hosting.

Create websites with CDN can be done with a single hosting and the usage of CDN companies (ie. CloudFlare) that will optimize the images, javascript, .... things like that but you will continue using the dynamic parts (php code) on your "unique" hosting.
Concerning the IPs and the geo-localisation, some hosting companies provide solutions with multiple hosting IPs on different location for a single dedicated server.

I hope this will help you better understanding how JMS is working.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla