English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Confusion of pre-purchase
Confusion of pre-purchase 5 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
If I buy JMS 1.3, What functions will I get?
ARTICLE SHARING?
SINGLE SIGN-IN FOR DOMAINS VERSION 1.0?
or JMS 1.3 is a basis, if I need more funtion like what I said, I need ro buy other extensions, am I right?
vowswu
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Confusion of pre-purchase 5 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 54
JMS only provide the possibility to have several website using the same Joomla application (php code).
It also provides some facilities concerning the sharing of the content of a limited number of extensions.
The list of extensions can be found here.
www.jms2win.com/en/list-of-extensions?vi...id=269&Itemid=53
The sharing of the content of some extensions consists in the sharing of the MySQL tables used by those extensions. That means that all the records are shared. There are some exception for some extensions like HikaShop, EasySocial, ... for which the author of those extensions have integrated some feature to allow a partial sharing of some MySQL tables. In fact they have added into some table the JMS Site ID that the user can assign inside their extensions.

Such extension content sharing can NOT be applied on all the extensions. This require to be sure that the consistency of the data is maintained. So as soon as an extension make reference to something outside of their own table, those external reference must also be shared. This is the reason why, in most cases, when you share the content of an extension, you generally also need to share the Joomla users.

This way to share the content of some extension can not be applied to the joomla articles, custom HTML and other extensions.

All the extensions that you can find in the gallery below the 3 top variant of JMS are additional functionalities that you can add to JMS (core).

The article sharing allow reading the article coming from another website defined under JMS. We don't share the MySQL table of the articles like we do for some extensions above but we are connecting on another DB to read the specific articles.

Concerning the Single Sign-In for domains, it allows to remain logged when you change of domains. So, if you want to remain logged when a user switch from one domain to another one, this extension is required. It allows Apache (and IIS) to be able using the same session information across domains. This require to have the Joomla users and sessions shared. This can be done by JMS. See tutorial video 16 on how to share the users between websites with JMS.
www.jms2win.com/en/tutorial#jms12x-16
This extension may also be required when you want to remain logged between sub-domains when the Apache suhosin is installed and forbid to share the apache session between subdomains.
Otherwise, when you are on the same domain and create slave site under sub-directories, by definition, as this is the same domain, the apache session info is the same.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla