English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

"Share the whole site" feature not working
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: "Share the whole site" feature not working
"Share the whole site" feature not working 10 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello there. I have a Template site called ankh and the ID is city_template. So my template site is ankh.joomla.com. I would like to create different sites which will share the same database (and hence all the categories and content).

Am I correct that I need to go into the city_template and enable "Share the whole site" checkbox in order for the different sites created from ankh to be able to see and share the same database? (see attached)

If so, the problem I have is that when I hit "Save" to the attached setting, it does NOT apply and save that setting. Once I have saved, if I open the template again, I see that the "Share the whole site" is not checked off.

And I have verified that the database is NOT shared because my b1.joomla.com and b2.joomla.com (created using the Ankh Template) don't have shared content or categories.

I am currently on Version 1.3.11 of JMS

Thank you for your attention and help.
dpinochet
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2013/05/28 11:07 By dpinochet.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: "Share the whole site" feature not working 10 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 54
Click the "share whole site" is equivalent to provide the same DB table prefix than the website that you want to replicate.

So try to unselect the "share whole site" and enter in the new DB prefix "ankh_"
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2013/05/28 13:56 By edwin2win.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla