English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Problem with slave site's image urls
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Problem with slave site's image urls
Problem with slave site's image urls 10 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
I want to have own images for each slave site but I've problem with url of inserted images.

I upload an image and it correctly goes to /multisites/myslavesitename/images. When I insert the image into the content then url is /images/file.jpg which is master site's folder.

How can I configure JMS to be able showing slave's images? Thanks.
krizek@bluesystem.cz
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Problem with slave site's image urls 10 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Anyone? Please help.
krizek@bluesystem.cz
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Problem with slave site's image urls 10 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
krizek@bluesystem.cz
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Problem with slave site's image urls 10 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
Some editor (like JCE) change automatically the URL that is provided into a image to make it relative to the current site.

When you write an article that needs to be shared, you can not use a relative path but you a full URL path with the OriginalDomain/images/....

Another alternative is to store the images into a directory that is shared between the websites. So that, they will be come available with a relative path.

So either store the article with a full path to the image (and verify that is effectivelly full after reading back)
OR use a shared directory where you store the shared images.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Problem with slave site's image urls 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
edwin2win wrote:
Some editor (like JCE) change automatically the URL that is provided into a image to make it relative to the current site.

When you write an article that needs to be shared, you can not use a relative path but you a full URL path with the OriginalDomain/images/....

Another alternative is to store the images into a directory that is shared between the websites. So that, they will be come available with a relative path.

So either store the article with a full path to the image (and verify that is effectivelly full after reading back)
OR use a shared directory where you store the shared images.

Can you please clarify if using absolute image paths only applies to content articles that are shared?

I want to have my slave sites — which are existing legacy sites with separate, unshared content — added to JMS Multisites as separate domains (vhosts in Plesk) with their own databases on my server and am hoping that the images paths can remain relative to their domains.
azurelink
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2014/07/11 14:32 By azurelink.Reason: modified question to be clearer

Re:Problem with slave site's image urls 9 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
Just try to put a link of an image that is yourdomain/images/xxx.jpg
JCE will replace this linke by a relative path like images/xxx.jpg
because "http;//yourdomain" is your domain url.

When working with multiple website and want to share some content between the website, it is important to ensure that you provide the full URL (include the http;//" to have the reference to this image in all circumstances.

This is not hosting dependend but related to extension like JCE that update the link that you provide to the image.
If you want to ensure of the link, you can disable JCE (or tinymce), to be able saving the full URL and avoid that the editor modify the link that you provide in the article (or Custom HTML module, ...)
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla