English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Problem with slave site's image urls
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Problem with slave site's image urls
Re:Problem with slave site's image urls 9 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Thanks Edwin,

What if these sites will not share any content, do I have to worry about JCE changing image paths to relative?

All of the sites will be using JCE and all of the sites will have separate users, menus, content/images, modules, etc. in separate databases.

I'll be setting up the slave sites in Plesk as subscriptions. I'm confused about where each slave site's images will be located. Will they be in the subscription space, or in their own directory with the master site?

And when we manage a slave site's content, are we logging in to its admin area, e.g., www.slavesite1.com/administrator ? Will there be duplicate Joomla code in the subscriptions directories?
azurelink
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2014/07/13 14:34 By azurelink.Reason: Added more text.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Problem with slave site's image urls 9 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
The first thing that you need to identify is if you have setup the /images directory as a symbolic link or a physical copy.

When you are using the symbolic link to share the /images directory, then you have the same images available in all the websites.

When the /images is specific for each slave site, you need to take care about the location of the image that is saved by JCE - mainly when you are using the Article Sharing because in this case, you need to have the full URL with the http;//domain/.... to access the images - otherwise, JCE will remove the domain and therefore will assume that the image is available locally (when not shared, the images will not be found).

I hope this is more clear
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla