English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Many exist sites - migration
Many exist sites - migration 10 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi, I'm new... to JMS, now i'm trying to find solution for my situation:

1. I have 5 sites (subdomains) - using same extensions, plugins, modules... etc.
2. Sites using difrent templates - based on one - some colors are changed
3. Sites has 90% difrent content... but using same articles about people, contact data, some information about company... some modules content etc.
4. I'm using K2 at all
5. One of this sites could be a master.
6. I have no problem with directory tree and many databases (now sites are using difrent databases).

Could you give me some sugestion about my migration scenario?

I want put this sites to new directory tree (sugested in manual), dont't change databases.

Or looking for any simple, possible way to make it using JMS. I have 1.3.15 basic.

Please help.

Best regards, m.
maryjopl
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Many exist sites - migration 10 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
1) OK - no problem
2) OK
3) OK - You can use the "Article Sharing for JMS" to share the "common" articles.
The "multisites contact" also allow sharing all the contact between websites.
4) K2 is an extension that can have its content shared. In this case, you share all the K2 records and will have the same content in websites.
5) The master website is the place where physically the PHP code is installed.
The other (slave) site are just using the PHP code (application) from the master.
6) You can continue to have different DB and deploy the website into specific directory.

If you already have website and want to migrate them as slave site under JMS, the key element is to ensure that all the websites use exactly the same version of the extensions.
If yes, you can create a master website with all the extension installed and after create "empty" website to receive the existing one.
One the slave site will be created, you can switch and re-use your existing website DB with their content.

Perhaps that you also have specific "images" directory with article images or other media that should be copied/moved into the slave site.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla