English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Fresh Slave Creation Error
Fresh Slave Creation Error 10 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi ,

I've just recently attempted to test a slave site install to this url - www.dynamiccasemanagement.co.uk and get the following error

No configuration file found and no installation code available. Exiting...

The directory has been set up within JMS and mapped correctly via the CPanel , the directory path is - /public_html/domains/dynamiccasemanagement.co.uk/public_html

JMS has successfully created the directory and sub directories , however for some reason the configuration file has not been installed and I am not taken to a fresh installation screen . . . please can someone advise.

regards Nick
ether1
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Fresh Slave Creation Error 10 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Never mind I have resolved this , I looked into the update component area and removed the current slave site entries from within the Joomla administration area and then re-applied them.

This time the directories were updated and I am now taken to a default Joomla installation screen which is great . . . however I now have another error relating to magic quotes which I will create a new thread for
ether1
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Fresh Slave Creation Error 10 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
Magic Quote is an error reported under Joomla 3.x that mean that your hosting provider has enabled the "Magic Quote".

You need to request your hosting provider to disable it OR create a PHP.ini that disable it.
This is a deprecated module that will be removed from apache with PHP 5.4
php.net/manual/en/security.magicquotes.php

See also other thread that show how setup the php.ini
www.jms2win.com/en/forum/30-general-ques...quotes-within-joomla
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2013/07/15 17:33 By edwin2win.

No configuration file found ..... 10 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello,
I installed Jms2win 1.3.26 and Joomla 3.2, and need to create fresh slave sites into the multisites directory.
After installing Joomla, I renamed the installation directory into installation.sauv

When I create a fresh slave site with FreshSlaveMultisites or FreshSlaveSubdir templates, and click on the URL of the slave site, I get the following message :
"No configuration file found and no installation code available. Exiting..."

I compared the files created by JMS2WIN in this case (list below) and the files created with "Fresh slave site" template. There is no "installation" directory, only a link to installation.sauv
I added a symbolic link to the installation directory of the master :
ln -s /usr/local/WWW/JOOMLA3/installation installation
and it works now, the installation of Joomla is launched correctly for the slave site.

Would you, please, have an idea of what goes wrong ? I thank you for your help.
Best regards,
Anne-Marie Pocquet

lrwxrwxrwx 1 apache apache 36 Feb 6 10:55 administrator -> /usr/local/WWW/JOOMLA3/administrator
lrwxrwxrwx 1 apache apache 26 Feb 6 10:55 bin -> /usr/local/WWW/JOOMLA3/bin
drwxr-xr-x 2 apache apache 4096 Feb 6 10:55 cache
lrwxrwxrwx 1 apache apache 26 Feb 6 10:55 cli -> /usr/local/WWW/JOOMLA3/cli
lrwxrwxrwx 1 apache apache 33 Feb 6 10:55 components -> /usr/local/WWW/JOOMLA3/components
-rw-r--r-- 1 apache apache 2047 Feb 6 10:55 config_multisites.php
lrwxrwxrwx 1 apache apache 34 Feb 6 10:55 defines.php -> /usr/local/WWW/JOOMLA3/defines.php
lrwxrwxrwx 1 apache apache 35 Feb 6 10:55 htaccess.txt -> /usr/local/WWW/JOOMLA3/htaccess.txt
lrwxrwxrwx 1 apache apache 29 Feb 6 10:55 images -> /usr/local/WWW/JOOMLA3/images
lrwxrwxrwx 1 apache apache 31 Feb 6 10:55 includes -> /usr/local/WWW/JOOMLA3/includes
-rw-r--r-- 1 apache apache 448 Feb 6 10:55 index2.php
-rw-r--r-- 1 apache apache 446 Feb 6 10:55 index.php
lrwxrwxrwx 1 apache apache 40 Feb 6 10:55 installation.sauv -> /usr/local/WWW/JOOMLA3/installation.sauv
lrwxrwxrwx 1 apache apache 69 Feb 6 10:55 Joomla_3.2.1-Stable-Full_Package_French_v2.zip -> /usr/local/WWW/JOOMLA3/Joomla_3.2.1-Stable-Full_Package_French_v2.zip
lrwxrwxrwx 1 apache apache 33 Feb 6 10:55 joomla.xml -> /usr/local/WWW/JOOMLA3/joomla.xml
lrwxrwxrwx 1 apache apache 31 Feb 6 10:55 language -> /usr/local/WWW/JOOMLA3/language
lrwxrwxrwx 1 apache apache 30 Feb 6 10:55 layouts -> /usr/local/WWW/JOOMLA3/layouts
lrwxrwxrwx 1 apache apache 32 Feb 6 10:55 libraries -> /usr/local/WWW/JOOMLA3/libraries
lrwxrwxrwx 1 apache apache 34 Feb 6 10:55 LICENSE.txt -> /usr/local/WWW/JOOMLA3/LICENSE.txt
drwxr-xr-x 2 apache apache 4096 Feb 6 10:55 logs
lrwxrwxrwx 1 apache apache 28 Feb 6 10:55 media -> /usr/local/WWW/JOOMLA3/media
lrwxrwxrwx 1 apache apache 30 Feb 6 10:55 modules -> /usr/local/WWW/JOOMLA3/modules
lrwxrwxrwx 1 apache apache 33 Feb 6 10:55 multisites -> /usr/local/WWW/JOOMLA3/multisites
lrwxrwxrwx 1 apache apache 30 Feb 6 10:55 plugins -> /usr/local/WWW/JOOMLA3/plugins
lrwxrwxrwx 1 apache apache 33 Feb 6 10:55 README.txt -> /usr/local/WWW/JOOMLA3/README.txt
lrwxrwxrwx 1 apache apache 38 Feb 6 10:55 robots.txt.dist -> /usr/local/WWW/JOOMLA3/robots.txt.dist
lrwxrwxrwx 1 apache apache 32 Feb 6 10:55 templates -> /usr/local/WWW/JOOMLA3/templates
drwxr-xr-x 2 apache apache 4096 Feb 6 10:55 tmp
lrwxrwxrwx 1 apache apache 34 Feb 6 10:55 VERSION.txt -> /usr/local/WWW/JOOMLA3/VERSION.txt
lrwxrwxrwx 1 apache apache 37 Feb 6 10:55 web.config.txt -> /usr/local/WWW/JOOMLA3/web.config.txt
pocquet
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: No configuration file found ..... 10 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
As you can see in your list, there is no "configuration.php" and no "installation" directory.
So if you want to be able create a fresh slave site, you need to have the "/installation" directory available.

If you don't have this directory in the master, you can not have it in the slave site. You can fix that with the "check patches" that will restore the installation directory.

OR review the JMS Templates rule to check if the "/installation" directory would be marked as "ignored". Normally the value provided is "dirlinks: Copy folder with subfolder Links".
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2014/02/08 13:48 By edwin2win.

Re: No configuration file found ..... 10 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
Mr Chéront,
I thank you for your answer. Here was my configuration at the moment when I posted my problem :
- At the end of the installation of Joomla, I had renamed installation directory into installation.sauv
- When I installed JMS2WIN, I had done the "check patches" so there is an installation directory in the master site and also installation.sauv directory
- I checked also the parameters of the templates and the value provided for both FreshSlaveMultisites and FreshSlaveSubdir templates is "dirlinks: Copy folder with subfolder Links".

Despite of this, in the slave site created with FreshSlaveMultisites or FreshSlaveSubdir templates, as you could see in the list, a link is created to installation.sauv directory, but nothing is done for the installation directory. And of course, the installation of the fresh new slave site cannot be done.

Would you, please, have an idea ?
Thanks a lot for your help,
Anne-Marie
pocquet
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla