English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

SEF URL Configuration For Joomla 3
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: SEF URL Configuration For Joomla 3
SEF URL Configuration For Joomla 3 10 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi

Previously I made a post about documenting a process for creating SEF url's for slave sites in earlier versions of Joomla, (shown below)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The correct way I found involved a few steps which now resolves all paths too

domain/page.html as it should be.

1. Set all settings in global config
2. copy master path url from the config_multisites.php and add the extension for the slave site into the rewriteBase path of your htaccess file.
(making sure the rewriteBase command is not commented out.

3. In the slave sites config file first change permissions to enable write access
4. open the slave site config file and add the url only for the slave site domain in the variable here "var $live_site = 'www.yourdomain.co.uk/';"
5. Change the permissions back on the slave sites config to remove write access.

This should now resolve all url issues, it takes about a minute to do and works, I have tested this on several of our domains now managed through JMS now.

The only problem is with the master site as it the the site thats hosted. The url reads mydomain/joomla/index.htm.

I have found a work around for this but thats another topic lol. I hope this is helpful to others. I knew it would be a simple solution but it wasn't half a pain.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried this approach with Joomla 3 and JMS 1.3 and it locked me out of the admin area. I could login but not select any menu options so I was wondering if the procedure changed for the newer version.

I have not seen any updates in tutorial videos or documentation, please advise.
regards Nick
ether1
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: SEF URL Configuration For Joomla 3 10 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
First, the rewritebase value depends on the envrionment.
As I suppose that you are doing that on the same server, the way to configure the rewritebase should be similar.

In most case, the rewritebase should remain commented but it seems that in your case, you changed that.
Becarefull that rewritebase must contain a path and not a URL.

Second, the "live_site" parameter is normally a field that should always stay empty.
This is a very old joomla 1.0 field that should avoid to be used by developer.
In very rare case, some extension like sh404sef, require to set this value. This is an extension that exits for Joomla 1.0

If you are the standard Joomla SEF, you don't need to fill this "live_site" field.

If you are able to login but not have access to any menu, perhaps you just have a logout menu. Perhaps that you tried to login under Joomla 1.5 before trying to login in Joomla 3.x. Try to logout and re-login.
Another possible reason is that the ACL for this user does not have the permission to access the menu.

If you think this is related to the SEF, you can disable it when you edit the "configuration.php" file.

We didn't rebuild the video because there is no change in the concept.
Only Joomla 3.x has revamped the look and this is not JMS related.
J3.x created a new ISIS template and this explain why the look is different.
If you select the "Hathor" template, you will have a look that is similar to the one present in the video.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla