English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Slave site not finding installation/index.php????
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Slave site not finding installation/index.php????
Slave site not finding installation/index.php???? 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi all,

we have an installation of Joomla3 with a slave site already created on its own database.

We are now trying to create additional slave sites which is ok until it comes to the point of getting to the installation/index.php page where you go through the installation process...

The rule has not been modified so this should not be a problem.
The path points too - www.dynamiccasemanagement.co.uk/installation/index.php
In case you would like to see for yourself.

To check that JMS was pointing to the correct path I also installed a hello world file to this path - www.dynamiccasemanagement.co.uk/installation/hello.php
which you can browse too and its picked up.

The sub directories have been created successfully and the files match the other slave installation, there does not appear to be a declaration reference to any unique qualified url path difference between the slave sites.

Its as if the page isn't being read properly, I also looked at the permissions and everything appears to be ok.

Any Ideas?
ether1
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2013/08/19 11:37 By ether1.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Slave site not finding installation/index.php???? 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
When I go to the
www.dynamiccasemanagement.co.uk/installation/index.php
I receive a server error or blank page.
Blank page is generally the result of a PHP fatal error.
So you should have an error log file that give you more info on the reason.

One potential reason is that you have a permission issue somewhere or that a required file is missing or I don't know.

In addition the "Hello World" does NOT work correctly as it does not display anything more than the text "hello word".
In addition of this text a table with information on the url, location on the disk and other info should be displayed.
So it fails.
Review the tutorial video 7.
www.jms2win.com/en/tutorial#jms12x-7

If you want that I have a look on your server, this is possible with our billable support that you can order at
www.jms2win.com/en/joomla-multisite?page...35&category_id=1
edwin2win
graph

Re: Slave site not finding installation/index.php???? 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
After investigation on the environment of the customer, the reason was that the /installation directory contain a J2.5 /installation/index.php file instead of J3.1 version.
The customer was runing under J3.1.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla