English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

HikaShop bridge between Master and Slave
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: HikaShop bridge between Master and Slave
HikaShop bridge between Master and Slave 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi,

not sure if that question is HikaShop or JMS related.

Let's assume that www.domain.com (MASTER)is displayng all categories on the front page.
How to make so that a visitor by clicking one of the categories , f.e. category X, is being redirected to the www.sub.domain.com website (SLAVE)?

X category shouldn't be displayed on domain.com. Category X is displayed on front page only with the picture and the name of category.

With other words category X on front page of MASTER should work as a link / bridge to the SLAVE that is dedicated only for category X.

Is it possible to work it out on JMS?

Thanx!
GreenRose
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: HikaShop bridge between Master and Slave 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
Hikashop is the first eCommerce application that, when combined with JMS, is able to have websites that display subset of product based on Hikashop categories that can be filtered based on the JMS site ID.

So it is possible to have a "portal" website that show all the Hikashop product and have slave sites that are specialized on specific Hikashop products.

When both Hikashop and JMS are present, Hikshop categories has an additional combo box that allow selecting for which JMS site ID the category is related.

As you can assign several categories for a specific product, it is easy to make a product present in a specific website (based on the filtered Hikashop category).

So you can create a slave site that will just display the specific hikashop category.

Here it is our Change History where you mentioned the "partial sharing" with Hikashop
www.jms2win.com/en/faq/change-history-13...d-hikamarket-sharing

It works with JMS + Hikashop starter or higher.

A similar functionlity is also available with Hikamarket and allows filtering the "vendor". The difference is that a product can only be assigned to a single vendor and not several vendors like the categories.
edwin2win
graph

Re: HikaShop bridge between Master and Slave 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Thank you for the answer!

My goal is by clicking on the name of category on MASTER site to get transfered to SLAVE page which displays all products within corresponding category. On MASTER page has to be displaid only name of category.

But now it's like this - clicking on the name of category on MASTER site I'm getting displaid all products within MASTER site.

I got certain answer from Hika that the code within Hika should be changed.
But before doing that I'm trying to find out if it is possible to make it work with the help of JMS by adjusting some JMS configuration.
GreenRose
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: HikaShop bridge between Master and Slave 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
I've tought about a good example to understand what I'm talking about:
it is like the component "Multisites Menu Item" where instead of Menu item could be HikaShop category items.

Have you any idea, Edwin?

If it is beyond usual & simple configuration then I'm willing to pay for it.
GreenRose
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: HikaShop bridge between Master and Slave 10 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 54
If you create a "unique" relationship between the Hikashop category and the website, there is a possibility to use the JMS layout - "List of anonymous" that allow displaying the website like a yahoo directory.

The user could click on the wesbite and he/she will get access the website.
See for example the www.mywebsite2win.com that use this "list anonymous" layout.

See alos the "List Anonymous" product description.
www.jms2win.com/index.php?page=shop.prod...tuemart&Itemid=1

I think this could do what you want.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla