English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

in need for simple step by step for Geo + front
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: in need for simple step by step for Geo + front
in need for simple step by step for Geo + front 10 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello

We have full version of jms2win and I believe we should start using all the potentials of this complex component.

I couldn't find in documentation nor in tutorials how to implement geo feature. Front end creation was a little more covered and was focused toward developers.

I believe video tutorials are good for clients without php development knowledge.

I believe on the name of many clients I would really like to have ID10T guide how to implement this feature in our scenario.

we are located in Canada and we would like to create slave webpages for all provinces and then major cities within those provinces

so we have www.domain.com

and then lets assume visitor is from province Alberta city Red Dear

we would like that person to be redirected to
alberta.domain.com with option to chose major city within this province

for example reddeer.domains.com or Calgary.domains.com etc

Choosing province first would be good at the beginning to grow database of the members and records but then choosing major cities would be advisable.

This would apply to all provinces and major cities.

additionally if you are not within Canada you should be redirected to

offcanada.com website

Your step by step guidance will be appreciated.

For front page website creations do you have demos how they are done with administrator access?

Copy, paste works well many times.

many component websites are offering administrative access, they just reset database periodically.

Thank you
canadareic
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: in need for simple step by step for Geo + front 10 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 54
Geo localisation is identical to all the other parameters that you can enter in JMS and in particular the list of domains.

The geo-localisation and browser feature are additional criteria to the domain list to consider a slave site as OK to be displayed.

Here you don't need any PHP knowledge.

You just have to create a matrix with your criteria and decide in which condition you want to display a website.

For example.

If you want that a user located in canada using a browser in english display a website domain.com instead of the domain.ca then

COUNTRY = canada
Browser language = en*
domain.com, domain.ca
Set redirection to first domain in the list (here domain.com)

So when a user enter domain.ca and that its geo-localisation is canada and browser language is ENglish then you redirecto to domain.com

In general, it is helpful that you create an excel sheet with all your criteria and condition in which you want to display a website

The tips is to use the "redirect to first domain" when you have several condition for a same domain.
Also use the "order" field present in JMS to define in which order you want that JMS analyse the conditions.

In your case, you mentioned the Alberta city but you didn't mentioned the URL entered by this person. I will assume that this person will enter www.domains.com

COUNTRY= CA
CITY = alberta
domain = alberta.domain.com, www.domain.com
Redirect to first domain

If you want that somebody that is located in Reddeer that enter alberta.domain.com is redirected to the reddeer.domains.com then

Country = CA
City = reddeer
Domain = reddeer.domain.com, alberta.domain.com
Redirect to first domain

With the ordering, you can put a latest rule that is not geo-localised that display "offcancada.com"

domain = offcanada.com, www.domain.com, alberta.domain.com, reddeer.domain.com, ....
redirect to first domain.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla