English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Slave data being over-written by its template data
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Slave data being over-written by its template data
Slave data being over-written by its template data 10 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
Had issue on version 1.3.16 & 1.3.17. Not sure if it was occurring longer or not. If anyone has ever experienced this, please tell me what you did to correct.

1. I open a slave sites profile (Site Details) by clicking on it link under "Site Name"
2. I make absolutely no changes to the profile and click save
3. When I open the slave site I find the following:
a. Menus that where in the template site used to create the slave site where copied into the slave site. (existing menus and menu items were not changed or overwritten)
b. The template selected as the "Default Template" on the slave site is still set as default, BUT the template that was set as the "Default Template" in the template site used to create the slave is ALSO set as Default. When you view the site the incorrect template is used until you fix it to have only ONE default template.
4. I've confirmed the following:
a. No new tables are being generated
b. Does not copy in Content
c. Do not know if affects other components: Calendar entries, downloads etc.

I did try uninstalling JMS and reinstalling it. I did not delete any directories after the uninstall, at this point I didn't want to risk losing my templates etc.

Thoughts anyone?
djdesjardins
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Slave data being over-written by its template data 10 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 54
The behavior that you described is NOT normal.
When you open/re-save a slave site, JMS perform a kind of "synchronisation" to add the new extensions that have tables that were not createdd yet.
It does not change the content of the extension extension tables.

So this is abnormal and I don't see the reason.
One potential reason could be a modification of the DB connection that would explain that a new copy of the DB is performed.
Otherwise, I don't see what could be the reason.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Slave data being over-written by its template data 10 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
What is even weirder is that is only adds menus, menu modules and changes the default template.

I'll try to find more significant details.
djdesjardins
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Slave data being over-written by its template data 10 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 54
Concerning menu or modules, something that you could try to track to make a better diagnosis is the menu item IDs, module IDs, (in other words all IDs) to see if there a "restored IDs" that could be removed.
This is just an hypothesis that I would like to cross-check with you.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Slave data being over-written by its template data 10 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
will do, makes sense. Also quick correction. It effects more than menus and template.

I created an article and a new user in the template site. Both were created in the slave site.
djdesjardins
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla