English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Google Analytics Setup
Google Analytics Setup 10 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello, I apologize if this is a silly question. But, I'm having problems setting up the Google Analytics for my master site and one slave site which is sharing some information and is set up as a subdomain.

I installed the module on my master site, then installed it on my slave site through JMS Multisite (latest version 1.3), but can you please walk me through the next steps as I've tried several different things and nothing works.

I tried setting in the module under my master site my two different google codes:
www.mydomain.com=UA-000000-0
www.slave.mydomain.com=UA-000000-0

and pasted both my downloaded script tracking codes downloaded from google in my master site above my </head>. I've tried it set to Single Domain and one domain with multiple subdomain. The position is set to Head section.

I've tried setting each individual Google ID (one in the master and one in the slave). and nothing seems to be working. Am I supposed to be pasting the script in the head of the master?

Either way both tracking codes show up in the master and the slave when I look at the html of the site, rather than just one on the slave and one on the master. Please let me know what I'm doing wrong and if I'm supposed to be including both scripts in the master html or somewhere else.

Thank you!
wspartner
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Google Analytics Setup 10 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 54
The first thing that you have to verify is to see if the module adds the code in the page.
So view the source code of the page to see if it is present.

If it does not work, this probably mean that the code is not present.

In this case, verify that you have provided a position to the module and also setup the fact that you want to see the module on all the pages.

The module must be enable in both websites.

In your specific case, you mentioned that the google analytics javascrip code is present in the html source page of the master as well in the slave site.

If the GA javascript and UA-xxx is present in the html source code and are correct, they should be identified by Google or that would mean that Google changed something in the script that must be inserted in a page to be recognized.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Google Analytics Setup 10 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
That worked perfect, thanks!

I just didn't have the module published to all pages. Thanks so much for your help. It's all up and running smoothly now.
wspartner
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla