English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Access forbidden! Multi Sites User Site
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Access forbidden! Multi Sites User Site
Access forbidden! Multi Sites User Site 10 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi,

In Slave Site (slave3) I cannot open - Components - Multi Sites User Site - User's site permissions

The message is: Access forbidden! Only the website where the data is physically stored can manage the users permissions

But I have created few users on this slave site and these users are physically stored in DB table slave3_users (user_slave3, admin_slave3).

What's wrong? Wrong setup? Components and plugins are enabled in both master and slave site. Maybe wrong template?

Thanks for any hints.
Zdenka
zdenka
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Access forbidden! Multi Sites User Site 10 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
The "Multi Sites User Site" can only managed from the webite where physically the users are defined. It is not autorized to manage the permission of the users under a slave site that is under the control of the "Multi Sites User Site".

Here, I suspect that you have created the slave3 based on the master.
If this is the case, you have to access the "Multi Sites User Sites" from the master website to grant the permission into the slave3.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Access forbidden! Multi Sites User Site 10 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello,

So if I understand correctly I can only manage user's site permissions from master when I create slaves from template (and that template I have created as 3)New DB website parameters - template site - <Master Site>).

It does not matter from which page I have created the user (when user had been created in slave site, there should be only indicated SITE ID of slave site as default and it means user has been created on slave site). But always "User's site permissions" are manageable only from master.

Is that correct?

Thanks,
Zdenka
zdenka
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Access forbidden! Multi Sites User Site 10 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello,

So if I understand correctly I can only manage user's site permissions from master when I create slaves from template (and that template I have created as 3)New DB website parameters - template site - <Master Site>).

It does not matter from which page I have created the user (when user had been created in slave site, there should be only indicated SITE ID of slave site as default and it means user has been created on slave site). But always "User's site permissions" are manageable only from master.

Is that correct?

Thanks,
Zdenka
zdenka
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2013/11/12 14:14 By zdenka.

Re: Access forbidden! Multi Sites User Site 10 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
If you share partially the users with the master, this is correct.

Becarefull that if you followed the tutorial video 16, in this case, this is NOT the master website that will manage the "Multi Sites User Site" but the slave 1 because this is the website where physically the users are stored.

So when you say manage from the master, this is only true if physically the users are stored in the master.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla