English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Question about "Fresh" slave sites in subdirectory
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Question about "Fresh" slave sites in subdirectory
Question about "Fresh" slave sites in subdirectory 10 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello,
I installed Jms2win 1.3.26 and Joomla 3.2, and need to create fresh slave sites into the multisites directory.
I succeeded in installing a master site and a slave site into a subdirectory using "Fresh slave site" template.
The URLs (intranet) are :
- master site : bacasable.irit.fr/joomla_jms2win
- slave site : bacasable.irit.fr/joomla_jms2win/multisites/slave1

It works fine, but I had difficulties to find the right site template.
In effect, I have not found an explanation of the behaviour of the site templates in the documentation, but perhaps I missed something. So, I started choosing first FreshSlaveMultisites, and then FreshSlaveSubdir that seemed to match my need. But instead of creating a Fresh slave site, the master site was duplicated into the slave data base.

Is that normal, and in this case why does "Fresh" appear in the name of those templates ?
Or did I miss something ?
I thank you for your help. Best regards,
Anne-Marie Pocquet
pocquet
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Question about "Fresh" slave sites in subdirectory 10 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
The naming convention in the JMS template rules are:
- freshSlave : Means that you will receive the Joomla Web Installer
- replicMaster : Mean that you want to replicate the master website
- shareMaster: Mean that you want to replicate the master and share the users.

- Domain : Mean that the website will use a domain name (ie. www.domain.com) and that the site ID = domain.com
- Subdomain : Means that the website will be a subdomain (ie. subdomain.domain.com).
- Multisites : Mean that the website is located in www.master.com/multisites/SITEID where site ID = one word (ie. slave1)
- Subdir : Mean that the website will be located in a subdirectory of the master (ie. www.master.com/subdirectory

The name of the rule is a "mnemonic / abreviation" to summarize what the rules is doing.
You can create as many rules as you want and also copy (create new like) rule for with you give a new name and can change the rules.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla