English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Site sharing same template
Re:Site sharing same template 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
hi,
i have also the same problem..
I want that my slave sites has symbolic link to the all master templates. I have into master template 20 templates, and i can't to replace all the folder into all slave sites.
Waht can i do it?
luca_boccacci
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Site sharing same template 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 54
As explained earlier, you have to verify that the JMS rule used to create the slave site has the template directory with the action "special copy".
When the symbolic link is allowed that you can verify with the "JMS Settings" menu then you should have a symbolic link created on the /templates directory.

Remark: if you already have created the /templates directory into the slave site, JMS will NOT delete and replace the current physical directory by a symbolic link.
You have to remove (or better rename) the current /templates directory present in your slave site to be able rebuild it by a symbolic link with the usage of the JMS Template rule associated with your slave site.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla