English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: SH404SEF
SH404SEF 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
I was having some trouble with templates (the visual design, not the multisite 'template') and when I had sh404SEF, it would not be able to find the correct path to the templates folder.

So here is what I did to fix make it work.

In my templates, for any paths I put

Code:

<?php echo JURI::base(); ?>

to get the base URL and then follow with the path. I haven't noticed any other problems as of yet with sh404SEF, but someone else mentioned it caused some issues. So if you add this in your paths in your index.php file of the template, it seems to function.
jeremywilken
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:SH404SEF 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 54
Thank you for your contribution that highlight the fact that some themes (template) may have an implementation that require to have the directory "templates" just below the root of the domain. This may be also the case for the images.

When you deploy a website in {site_dir} and the themes folder in {site_dir}/templates, this allows to keep the directory structure.
Perhaps you also have to specify the media and image folder to have respect this directory structure.
This may solve the problem without having to modify the themes code
Remark: This solution should work for domain and sub-domain but may not be working in the case of sub-directories
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla