English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

PJomsocial 2.4.1 Sharing the global configuration?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: PJomsocial 2.4.1 Sharing the global configuration?
PJomsocial 2.4.1 Sharing the global configuration? 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 1
Bonjour,

With jomsocial, everything shared (including configuration), all ajax request get a problem in the backend. Checking what happen with firebug, I found that the server return the following error:

20 JPath::check Snooping out of bounds @ /home/megaplan/public_html/JOOMLA_MASTER/administrator/components/com_community/views

What surprize me is that the slave I'm using is installed in JOOMLA_MASTER/multisite/xxx so I'm wondering why the path above do not refers to this directory. Does this explain the error? Or is there something related to the fact that this is a POST request? Is it better to not share the configuration?

I'm running jomsocial 2.4.1, joomla 1.7.3 and Version 1.2.69 Patches definition Version 1.2.73
jeanmariefavre
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: PJomsocial 2.4.1 Sharing the global configuration? 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
You mentioned that you have a strange call or answer with an ajax.
Perhaps that the ajax has a bug to get the correct path.

I don't know.
All I can tell you is that the "JPath::check Snooping out of bounds" means that the path is not part of the "root" of the website.
So this probably the cause of the error as the process stop on the error.
edwin2win
graph

Re: PJomsocial 2.4.1 Sharing the global configuration? 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 1
Bonjour,
no in fact, I think that the problem is because we share the joomsocial configuration (I used this option in the setting of jms multisite) among the various sites, and I guess that there, there is the path of the master site. So if another site is using this path, then yes, the ajax call will give an error because the master path is not inside the multisite/xxx path.
I've checked that hyposthesis. When I use the master site, things are ok (no problem with the ajax requests) because there is no discrepency between the root path of the web site and the root of the jomsocial installation.
So basically I think that there is something wrong in the patch or whatever associated with the "sharing configuration" option. Where can I find more information about what it means in practice? Is it a file that is shared, or is it into the database?
I think that it would be interesting to check the problem further because all users that are going to migrate to the new version of jomsocial will find the same problem.

Thanks for your help.
Jean-marie
jeanmariefavre
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: PJomsocial 2.4.1 Sharing the global configuration? 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
Dear jean-marie,

I don't know how to reproduce the behavior but what I suspect is a bug in JomSocial that compute a URL based on the physcial file location on the disk and not based on the Joomla JPATH_ROOT location.
When working with Symbolic Link, the physical path and the symbolic link path are different.
Therefore if the JomSocial use the physical path, the result is wrong and may explain the behavior.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla