English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Multisites with JoomlaPack Seems to be looping
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Multisites with JoomlaPack Seems to be looping
Multisites with JoomlaPack Seems to be looping 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
I just installed the JoomlaPack backup component in the multisites home directory where the initial install was done. My goal is to backup all sites at the same time for now as I have only one small site out at this point.

Installation was normal but when I launched the backup, I got an ever increasing directory loop. So you can see the issue, here is a snippet of the progress listing showing in JoomlaPack's backup page:
/home/myaccount/public_html/jmain/multisites/cpasvcs/multisites/cpasvcs/multisites/cpasvcs/multisites/cpasvcs/multisites/cpasvcs/multisites/cpasvcs/multisites/cpasvcs/multisites/cpasvcs/multisites/cpasvcs/multisites/cpasvcs/multisites/cpasvcs/ multisites/cpasvcs/multisites/cpasvcs/multisites/cpasvcs/multisites/cpasvcs/administrator/components/com_multisites/css ....

I finally shut this down as it was simply going on and on and on... no errors were reported.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on and how to fix it?

A few things:
1. I did not install JoomlaPack in the slave site, only the master.
2. The backup files were in the jmain directory "/backup"
3. I would post the error log from JoomlaPack but it is 24.6 megs....

JoomlaPack is a well used product and it sure looks like the solution for me too... if I can get it working.

Thanks to all who try to help.
STUCKSHUTTER
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Multisites with JoomlaPack Seems to be looping 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 54
At my knowledge JoomlaPack is not able to backup Symbolic Link correctly.
If you are runing under Unix and want to perform a backup of your website, I suggest to use the tar -cvf command.
The native unix command can perform accurated backup and manage correctly Symbolic Link.

Based on your description, JoomlaPack seems to repeat the backup of the content of the Symbolic Link instead of just save the link like a native unix tar -cvf command.

I suggest you report this bug to JoomlaPack.
I have also identified that JoomlaPack may have other issue with backup of the future JMS 1.2.x DB when using the sharing functionality.
If you want an accurate backup of the DB, you can use PHPMyAdmin and its export function.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Multisites with JoomlaPack Seems to be looping 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
Thank you for the quick response and information Edwin, I will backup using one of your suggested ways.
Regards,
Stuckshtter
STUCKSHUTTER
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla