English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

How do I setup my domain.com?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: How do I setup my domain.com?
How do I setup my domain.com? 11 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
I setup a master site at master.domain.com.This has multisites and other extensions installed in it but no content. Now I want to setup my domain.com I want it to have all the content of the master. I watched the video showing to create a rule but it shows sharing from a new slave to 2 more slaves. I don't have any slaves setup yet so how can I create a rule? Do I need to create a rule if I will not be duplicating this page. It will just be a home page that goes to other pages/ sub domains.
james2581
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
My YouTube Channel
The administrator has disabled public write access.
If you are thinking about getting support let me assure you it is worth every penny. Here is a video explaining my experience with ordering support youtu.be/ba3RjbG9Lmw

Re: How do I setup my domain.com? 11 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 54
If you want to replicate the master websiste, search in this forum for "replicMaster".
We describe that plenty of times.
See also the tutorial video 0.d and moreless at the middle, you have the replicMaster rule that is shown.

www.jms2win.com/en/forum/24-joomla-multi...ng-a-slave-site#8413
edwin2win
graph

Re: How do I setup my domain.com? 11 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
Think of Yahoo, They have a Homepage and when you click on a section it takes you to that subdomain with that sections content. That is what I am trying to do.

Master holds on the programs

Homepage links to other subdomains (sections) also where users register, use jomsocial,etc

when a section is clicked it goes to that subdomain.

So master is master.domain.com
homepage domain.com (slave)

Section is subdomain (slave1)
- sub sections (slave1a)

The homepage will just be used for people to register and use jomsocial. If I replicate the master then homepage will be sharing extensions used by other slaves but wont be needed for the homepage. Example SobiPro. So do I setup the domain.com as a slave or replicate the master?
james2581
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
My YouTube Channel
If you are thinking about getting support let me assure you it is worth every penny. Here is a video explaining my experience with ordering support youtu.be/ba3RjbG9Lmw

Re: How do I setup my domain.com? 11 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 54
As you can see in my recommendation, in general, I consider that the master website just content the extension without any content. This is a library or a repository where the extensions are available to build the slave site.

If you want to start replicating the master.domain.com to build the www.domain.com, you can do it or you can also create a fresh slave site where you decide to install parts of the extension present in your master.
All depends if it is faster to uninstall or install something.

Both replication or fresh slave is possible.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla