English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

How to delete a second master?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: How to delete a second master?
How to delete a second master? 11 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
My master is installed at master.domain.com, JMS is installed here. My homepage is at domain.com.

However when I got to backend of domain.com it's a replicate of the master. JMS shows up here too. It is using the same database and even says master in site title. So I am trying to delete the replicate but I can't find it.

In cpanel I notice I have a public_html/master folder and there is a bunch of sub folders. One of the folders is master, so it's public_html/master/master. Inside that folder it duplicates the master. SO a folder inside a folder with the same info. I'm guessing one is the real master and the other is the replicate. How do I know which is correct so I don't delete the correct master?
james2581
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
My YouTube Channel
The administrator has disabled public write access.
If you are thinking about getting support let me assure you it is worth every penny. Here is a video explaining my experience with ordering support youtu.be/ba3RjbG9Lmw

Re: How to delete a second master? 11 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 54
If your "domain.com" display the master.domain.com, this is perhaps the symptom that the slave site "domain.com" is not correctly defined in JMS.
When a domain is not defined in JMS, it automatically display the master website content.

When you mention the "/public_html/master" that includes again master, ... master that let me suppose this is not a directory by a symbolic link on the master that itself contain the master directory.

In fact, I imagine that your master website is in fact the "/public_html" and that the "master" subfolder would be a directory that would have created to build a slave site called "master".

Normally, when you follow our recommendation present in tutorial video 0.b, you should put your master beside everything.

As I don't know which is the real master (public_html) or the subfolder master, I can just tell you to be very carefull before deleting something.
If in fact your slave "domain.com" is located in the upper directory of your master (here public_htmk), if you request to delete this directory, you will also delete the subfolder master that would be the real master.

If you want that we have a look into you specific configuration, this is possible with our billable support that you can order at
www.jms2win.com/en/joomla-multisite?page...35&category_id=1
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla