English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Trying to create a second site in JMS Multi Site
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Trying to create a second site in JMS Multi Site
Trying to create a second site in JMS Multi Site 11 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello everybody!

I'm trying to create an additional site with JMS Multi Site. I went into Manage Sites, added new site and put the details Site. After that I grabbed, I do not know how to see if the site was actually created if need to do anything else. I try to click on the link I chose the Domain, but is blank.

Can anyone help me?
andre.mello
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Trying to create a second site in JMS Multi Site 11 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Can you provide more detail?

Also, you need to setup the new domain, did you do that step?
    Was this based off a template site or was it a fresh install slave site?
    What version of JMS? (I know this forum is for 1.3 but not everyone is posting only version 1.3 questions here)
djdesjardins
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Trying to create a second site in JMS Multi Site 11 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 54
When you create a website, there are 2 parameters that are important.

The URL (domain, subdomain, ...) and the location on the disk (deployment folder / document root)

For the server, it is mandatory that the location on the disk match the domain that you have defined.

If you are not sure the "location / deployment folder / document" values that you have to setup for a domain or a subdomain but you are able to upload a file with a file manager is the directory that correspond to the domain or subdomain, we suggest that you upload the "hello.php" that you can find in the tutorial 7
The "hello.php" display the path that must be used in the "deployment folder" of JMS.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla