English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Change the domain list delete all my changes
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Change the domain list delete all my changes
Change the domain list delete all my changes 11 Years ago Karma: 0
Hello,

I had one Master Site and a few Slave Sites, that I created with a template. All Slaves based on a Default-Slave Site, that I had created befor - this is empty (categories but no Items) and I filled it later.

On one Slave I had to change the Domain list and after saving this changes, my changes at the Menustructur are gone (again the same as the default-slave), but the items are there.

My english is not so goog, I hope you understand what I mean.

Is this a bug? How can I prevent that the database of my slave sites are changes if I made changes in the "Manage sites" of Multi Sites?

Greetings, Verena
wedeen
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Change the domain list delete all my changes 11 Years ago Karma: 54
Your question is not easy to understand.

When you go in the "Manage Site" and edit a slave site definition, when you save the definition, this apply again the "JMS template rule" that you have selected.
Therefore, when new extension or tables are detected based on the template then the slave site DB is also update. If you don't want to update the DB content of your slave site, you need to change the JMS template rule to use a "fresh slave" without any DB defined.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla